New to Apex Legends? Let's Talk Tips, Tricks, and Questions for Beginners

Hey there, fellow newcomers to Apex Legends! Whether you're completely new to the game or looking to improve your skills, this is the place to discuss strategies, ask questions, and share tips for those just starting their journey in the Apex Games

Chapter 1: Finding Your Legend

One of the first decisions you'll make in Apex Legends is selecting your legend. These unique characters each have their abilities, strengths, and weaknesses. As a beginner, you might want to start with legends like Wraith, Bangalore, or Lifeline. They have versatile and forgiving abilities that can help you get acclimated to the game.

Chapter 2: The Art of Landing

The drop is crucial, so choose your landing spot wisely. To ease into the game, it's often a good idea to start in less crowded areas where you can loot, learn the basics, and hone your combat skills without the immediate threat of being eliminated.

Chapter 3: Teamwork Makes the Dream Work

Apex Legends is a squad-based game, and team dynamics are everything. Staying close to your squadmates, communicating effectively, and helping each other out is vital. Use the ping system to share information, like enemy locations, loot, or where you intend to go.

Chapter 4: Sharpen Your Skills

To survive in the Apex Games, you'll need to land shots. Apex features an array of weapons, each with distinct recoil patterns and behaviors. Visit the Training Range to experiment with guns and refine your aiming skills. Understanding the mechanics of different weapons can make a world of difference in your gameplay.

Chapter 5: Map Knowledge & Positioning

Knowledge is power in the arena. Familiarize yourself with the map's layout, including high-traffic areas and advantageous positions. Being aware of the terrain can give you a significant edge, whether it's knowing the best places to loot or the ideal spots for an ambush.

Chapter 6: Adapt and Overcome

Remember, the arena is dynamic, and every match is different. Stay adaptable and be ready to switch strategies on the fly. As you gain experience, you'll develop a better sense of when to engage, disengage, or make tactical decisions based on the situation at hand.

Chapter 7: Building Your Arsenal

Loot is your lifeline. Gather weapons, ammo, armor, and healing items as you explore. Keep in mind that weapons have varying degrees of rarity, with gold-tier gear being the most potent. As a beginner, prioritize weapons that are easier to handle, like assault rifles and SMGs.

Chapter 8: The Ring's the Thing

Stay aware of the shrinking play zone. The Ring is relentless and can catch you off guard if you're not paying attention. Make sure to move towards the center of the circle, keep an eye on the timer, and don't be caught in a firefight when the Ring closes in.

Chapter 9: Enjoy the Journey

Finally, don't forget to have fun! Apex Legends is about the excitement of the game, the camaraderie with your squad, and those incredible moments of victory. As you continue to play, you'll learn the subtleties, tactics, and strategies that make Apex Legends an engaging and ever-evolving experience.

!

• This is pretty helpful, thanks for the write up! I've had fun the few games I've played but the skill gap really is huge and daunting.

• nw man hope u enjoy the games  if u want more suggest some topic which i can write about :D

• One trap I always fall into is playing just the one hero and not branching out so I don't learn the others effectively nor how to counter them. So if you have a guide you can point me to on some tips for each hero that would be cool!

• I used to play a while ago and I did a similar thing to you, I would stick with one or two characters and not many others. As I played more I realised the advantages of playing lots of characters and learning how to counter their abilities, it became so helpful and allowed me to win a lot more often. I stopped playing in early 2022 but I might come back to it.

• Definitely a habit I need to break. I did the same in DOTA as well, playing different characters in bot battles (because I also didn't want to let a team down while fumbling with new mechanics) until I at least got an understanding of the other characters mechanics even if not being able to play them competently yet haha.