Legion GO - Do you see it being successful in the Australian market/globally? Are you personally interested in getting one?

Had a chance to take a 'first look' at a working model (not final product) from Ben Green on the Lenovo Legion Stream - Legion Go FIRST LOOK and return of game key giveaways with @benjamingreen | !legion !notify !discord - Twitch
God of War looked amazing on it, the FPS mouse mode setup looks interesting, would definitely need some tweaking per game to make the most of its functionality.

Age group suitability I believe would be late teens upwards though I'm sure Lenovo will have their own target market that we will see in their marketing closer to launch.

Anyways for those interested have a look at that stream link and keep an eye on future ones as I'm sure Ben will continue to show it off for us all the way up through its official release. 

• Hi  

Thank you for coming out to watch the stream! I saw many people still showing excitement and asking questions too. Love to see it :D

Ben will definitely continue showing it off on stream, hopefully with a post-production model as well for proper benchmarking. Stay tuned for more content around the Legion Go :) 

• My interest is certainly piqued. I might have missed it but was there mention of the expected battery life? My use case probably doesn't require it to be super long but interested in how it compares.

• I actually really want one because it would be really convenient to have as I have a pc but I just bought a ps5 for the new spider-man game so I will unfortunately have to wait but hopefully I will have enough when it releases. I can definitely see it being a popular thing in Australia as all my mates know about it and are really keen to get one soon.

• I'm personally very interested in getting one, and I can definitely see it being successful in Australia, or at least as successful as the ROG Ally (Which seems pretty successful at the moment). I don't think it will decrease in popularity as the Steam Deck gets here though, since the Steam Deck experience is so different to windows-based handhelds that people who want a Steam Deck will just wait to get a Steam Deck, and not get something like a Legion Go or and Ally instead. 

• Crazy that is was three months ago that I posted this. Definitely agree that the Legion GO is going to be a success as its a quality product and keeps getting better with their updates/patches being released. Seems like they're very in touch with the feedback provided to them as well and attempting to include numerous community based requests. I'd like to see a dock for them similar to the switch so that when Im gaming at home it can both charge, provide some level of cooling to the device and allow it to be connected directly to the TV. I'm sure this is something they'll look into in the future if not already in a prototype stage. 

Looking at the latest review that was posted in the community and the user interface is well polished and very straight forward, the games i've seen being played look amazing on it!! 

RRP in local market is $1299 for the 256GB model and $1499 for the 512GB Model and I have started to see them now being advertised across our major electrical retailers (JB/HN etc) in addition to its availability at the Lenovo AU store - Lenovo Legion Go | Lenovo AU

Hopefully I'll be able to get one next year, just need things to settle down on the interest rate side of things in our local economy. 

• Here is Australia the Steam Deck is not available (outside some parallel importers) so without that extra competition there seems to be much more interest in these other handhelds. I've definitely noticed the Go being advertised much more heavily than the Ally and anecdotally I've been asked about the Go quite a bit so it seems like user interest is there. I'll agree though that high rents and cost of living put it out of reach for a lot of people right now, myself included, but fingers crossed that settles down fairly soon.

• True, I kinda forgot The Steam Deck wasn't available in Aus when I wrote that lol. Still, grey-market imports are all over the place thanks to just how popular it is. I've also noticed a lot more advertising for the Legion Go than the Ally, and it seems like it will probably be more popular, but it's pretty early so there's no real way to tell. 

• Yea I did look into Steam Decks but the OLED on Kogan/Amazon are like $1279 or more which is kinda crazy when the Go is both more powerful and cheaper. The screen and software are definitely benefits though... you're right it's tricky to say.

• I'm definitely interested in getting one. I think its looking like it'll be successful and is a good competitor to the other options out there