The Game Awards 2023

Not long now until the event, who have you got for the GOTY? Nominees are below, my bet is on Baldurs Gate 3!  (You can also cast your vote on their site - Nominees | The Game Awards

ALAN WAKE 2

BALDURS GATE 3

MARVELS SPIDER MAN 2

RESIDENT EVIL 4 

SUPER MARIO BROS WONDER

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: TEARS OF THE KINGDON

What other announcements are you looking forward to/anticipating?  Guessing we might see the GTA 6 Trailer and receive more info on its progress, also wouldnt be surprised if we had an immediate release of BG3 on Xbox on the day.

• I know it won't win but Marvels Spider-man 2 is my GOTY, it was just amazing.

• Baldur's Gate 3 for me! Although I didn't get a chance to play Alan Wake 2 but it looks like a strong contender from what I've seen.

• I never really saw the appeal in Baldur's Gate 3. To me, the gameplay just seemed boring but I never really liked turn based games to begin with. I have played an RPG game that a mate made and I found that fun but I just don't really have interest in playing Badlur's Gate 3 and I am okay with that.

• Thats the great thing about video games, there's lots of great options out there for us all to enjoy!!

• Nothing wrong with that, it's not for everyone but definitely seems to appeal to a lot of people given its success! I personally find it a lot more interesting than simple button mash combat like Spiderman since every encounter can be treated like a unique puzzle to solve, and the storyline is a lot more engaging and impactful than the cinematic movie-style games where I don't feel my actions make any difference.

• It looks like you were right about that GTA6 trailer but it got leaked early so they went ahead and released it a few days in advance!

• 0 Offline in reply to Ben F.

The GTA 6 trailer looked awesome, still a while off but looking forward to it, im wondering whether there may be the next gen of console released between now and then as well.
    Kojima might have a little reveal in store for us as well at the show I believe...

• Baldurs Gate 3.

Thats it, that's all. It's going to sweep and take nearly everything it was nominated for. Not that its competition is bad, it's great, but Baldurs Gate is on another level.

Props to the guys at Larian, made a great game :) 

• 0 Offline in reply to Cee (.

Microsoft was putting next gen consoles in 2028 so I sure hope not haha! 

• Well another awards show down, my predictions all played out and there were some great titles to look forward to in 2024 and beyond!!!