Hello, Legion Go Community!
We're excited to announce a Beta Test Program for unreleased VGA drivers for the Legion Go. Before you dive into the download, please read the following important information:
- Beta Version: This driver is a beta version and is currently undergoing testing. It is not the final version and may contain bugs or issues that could affect your device's performance.
- Voluntary Participation: Participation in this beta program is completely voluntary. By downloading and installing this driver, you acknowledge that you are doing so at your own risk.
- No Warranty: We provide this testing driver "as-is" without any warranties of any kind. Lenovo disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- Limitation of Liability: To the fullest extent permitted by law, Lenovo shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use this test driver.
- Feedback and Support: We welcome your feedback! Please share your experiences, both positive and negative, in this post only. While we'll be monitoring the feedback closely, please note that there is no official support for this driver. We will also not be able to respond individually to every piece of feedback. Use of the voting system is encouraged for adding visibility to certain items.
- Future Updates: This driver is a work in progress. We may release updates, fixes, or a final version in the future. Installing this driver does not guarantee automatic updates.
- Opt-Out: If you encounter issues or are not comfortable using this test driver, you may revert to the official, stable version available on our website. See instructions below*
By downloading and installing this test driver, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to these terms.
Download Link: AMD_2D00_GFX_5F00_23.20.24.03.zip
Installing the test driver:
- Unzip the file (right click, extract here/extract all/etc. depending on your zip utility of choice)
- Open the 02_AMD_GFX folder
- Important!: Right click gfxinstall.bat and "Run as Administrator"
- Command prompt window will appear, wait while it runs.
- Will hang for a while on "adding driver package: u0397700.inf"
- Screen will black out momentarily
- Command prompt window will be gone
- Graphics driver has been updated, you can check in AMD Adrenalin Top left of "system' window should say released 11/7
- These drivers are dated 11/7 and are a step forward from our current official release, bringing notable enhancements.
- Our original plan to release these drivers last week has been revised. We are now focusing on releasing a newer driver, aiming to include additional fixes and improvements.
- The upcoming driver release will integrate the advancements found in this 11/7 version, along with further enhancements.
- I did indicate we were trying to get a driver update out last week and because we had a pivot in release timing, I am hoping that this test driver can help address some of your issues while you wait for the final release of an updated driver.
*To revert to an earlier Graphics Driver:
- Open device manager (Windows Key + X > M, or search "device manager" in windows search)
- Open "display adapters" dropdown
- Right click on AMD Radeon Graphics
- Click "uninstall device"
- Select "Attempt to remove the driver for this device"
- Click "uninstall"
- Screen will black out and flip to portrait layout
- Download and install the latest officially released VGA driver from our support site: laptops and netbooks :: legion series :: legion go 8apu1contentdetail - Lenovo Support US
Thank you as always for your support and understanding.