Current State of Mobile Games

How do you think the state of the mobile games is nowadays? Is it doing well in comparison to other gaming devices/platforms? If so, then do you think that it can play as a vital factor when one's choosing which phone they're gonna go for next -- a gaming-focused one or any average mobile would do? If not, where do you think it's lacking? Where do you see the state of mobile games in the future?

Parents
  • Its a strange one, there is untapped potential for sure however I feel you need to break it down to what is profitable. The following points are something to think about for mobile games

1. Everyone has a phone, but each and every person uses their phone differently. A gamer that has the latest and greatest phone or compared to the kid that has the iphone 8 hand me down, it would be hard to exclude them due to limitations of the hardware. Throw in Grandmas and Grandpas and then little 6 year old ipad viewers and you have the largest size aged based market.

2. Everyone has a different variation of a phone, not like a console models differ between brands and specs particularly for android which would make it hell for devs to make a game try and run say on a phone that is 4, 6 or even 10 generations older

3. The app store is over run with copycat games, once a killer app or game comes out think about all the copies that follow. That segments market share. 

That being said, I believe the market is going the right direction for a few games, like Genshin Impact where if a company has the time, money and fanbase it can really profit and provide great gaming moments. They are a few far between as the limitation on still being a functional phone and the separation of gaming device makes it a hard task to navigate. 

• Its a strange one, there is untapped potential for sure however I feel you need to break it down to what is profitable. The following points are something to think about for mobile games

1. Everyone has a phone, but each and every person uses their phone differently. A gamer that has the latest and greatest phone or compared to the kid that has the iphone 8 hand me down, it would be hard to exclude them due to limitations of the hardware. Throw in Grandmas and Grandpas and then little 6 year old ipad viewers and you have the largest size aged based market.

2. Everyone has a different variation of a phone, not like a console models differ between brands and specs particularly for android which would make it hell for devs to make a game try and run say on a phone that is 4, 6 or even 10 generations older

3. The app store is over run with copycat games, once a killer app or game comes out think about all the copies that follow. That segments market share. 

That being said, I believe the market is going the right direction for a few games, like Genshin Impact where if a company has the time, money and fanbase it can really profit and provide great gaming moments. They are a few far between as the limitation on still being a functional phone and the separation of gaming device makes it a hard task to navigate. 

Children
No Data