Current State of Mobile Games

How do you think the state of the mobile games is nowadays? Is it doing well in comparison to other gaming devices/platforms? If so, then do you think that it can play as a vital factor when one's choosing which phone they're gonna go for next -- a gaming-focused one or any average mobile would do? If not, where do you think it's lacking? Where do you see the state of mobile games in the future?

Parents
  • Mobile games to me feel like a totally different thing to PC games, the usual purpose of a mobile game is to provide some sort of addictive format in which the user wants to constantly come back for more so that the game maker then can advertise more. Realistically most popular mobile games are going to be free. This means that most will focus on providing ads. Whereas PC gaming the focus is quality and enjoyment. The games just need to be good enough quality to get popular and then sell lots. In my opinion PC and Console gaming are naturally more addictive as they are just more enjoyable due to the quality. Mobile gaming will probably always be a thing, but never anything super serious because once you get serious, you goto PC.

• Mobile games to me feel like a totally different thing to PC games, the usual purpose of a mobile game is to provide some sort of addictive format in which the user wants to constantly come back for more so that the game maker then can advertise more. Realistically most popular mobile games are going to be free. This means that most will focus on providing ads. Whereas PC gaming the focus is quality and enjoyment. The games just need to be good enough quality to get popular and then sell lots. In my opinion PC and Console gaming are naturally more addictive as they are just more enjoyable due to the quality. Mobile gaming will probably always be a thing, but never anything super serious because once you get serious, you goto PC.

Children
No Data