Friend Codes - The Witcher Monster Slayer (Pokemon Go like) let's get together!

Replies
    views
    Level 29
    The Witcher Monster Slayer is out on the 21st of July.
    It would be amazing to discuss the early game together and connect (assuming there will be some sort of friends code or clan system).

I can't wait!

Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 30-07-21 at 19:51.
  • 70 Replies

Head of Community
    Ooh thanks for the heads up @Elixor I'm up for trying it out!

Just read a bit more about it. So it's for both Android and iOS and on the Google Play store you can pre-register for the game already, and if you do so, you'll get the Kaer Morhen weapon as a reward to use when the game is out on the 21st (and with it, 10% more XP from killing monsters). Interesting to note the game is set "long before" the Witcher game series timeline.

Anyone heard anything yet about possible playing together features? 😊
    Level 29
    So it's for both Android and iOS and on the Google Play store

Oh good you checked as their site seems to only mentioned Android and I suddenly worried it was not coming out on iOS!!
    Head of Community
    Yeah I'm on iOS too @Elixor. I wish I could pre-register there too as now it seems I'll miss the XP boost.
    Level 29
    9 days to go!

I can't wait but then I realise it clashes with the release of the closed beta of New World! I have to somehow clone myself 😂🤣

- - - Updated - - -

On the official website, there is a link to an FAQs about the game that gives a bit more information. I didn't realise for example that it wouldn't be Multiplayer on day one. I'm not sure what they mean by multiplayer but I would have assumed that you would be able to create group/clan/raid at least. That's a bit odd.

What’s the game about?

The Witcher: Monster Slayer is a location-based augmented reality RPG that lets you become a professional monster hunter for hire. As you venture out into the world around you, you’ll use your mobile device to track life-size, witcher world monsters which roam throughout familiar locations. You must hunt these creatures — study them — and prepare for combat using your witcher knowledge. Time of day, weather conditions, and monster characteristics all play a factor in your quest to become an elite monster slayer.

What are the game’s main features?
    In The Witcher: Monster Slayer, players will track monsters, learn their habits, and prepare for battle. Preparation is key for tough enemies, and players will need to select the best weapons and armor, and brew powerful witcher potions to gain the upper hand before entering combat, presented in first-person, AR. Players will also upgrade their character and equipment to ensure they can handle mightier foes as they progress.

What about nemeta and points of interest on private property?
    Nemeta and points of interest should be located in public areas that are accessible and safe for everyone, such as: historical sites, public artworks, local landmarks, and similar areas. They may exist in many areas, such as parks or city centers, among others.
    Concerns that a point of interest is located on private property can be reported via this email address: support@spokko.com

Will I play as a Geralt?
    The Witcher: Monster Slayer is long before the time of Geralt of Rivia — when the role of witcher was something relatively new to the Continent. As you begin your journey, you will be able to create and customize your own character, including name and appearance — as well as skills, as you get deeper into the game. This allows you to step fully into the shoes of a professional monster slayer to become a witcher yourself.

Will there be story quests in the game?
    The Witcher: Monster Slayer is a location-based augmented reality RPG. Players can also take part in seasonal stories by interacting with NPCs found on the real-world map. These quests will take you on deep, layered adventures which will make you feel like a true witcher.

Is this an AR game?
    The Witcher: Monster Slayer is a location-based augmented reality RPG where players explore their surroundings. While AR is optional to play, we encourage players to use it in order to see the full effect during gameplay.

Does the game have multiplayer?
    Currently, we do not have a multiplayer option. But we do not exclude that this functionality might appear at a later date.

Can nemeta and other game point of interest be in unsafe areas?
    These elements are generated using the in-game map’s ‘point of interest’ system, using locational data and knowledge of locations around you. This means nemeta and points of interest could be located in a variety of places — historical sites, public artworks, local landmarks, for instance. They may exist in many areas, such as parks or city centers, among others.

While the game will typically place nemeta and points of interest in areas that are easily visited and appropriate for users, we encourage users to employ their own judgement about which parts of the city or countryside they feel safe visiting — while remaining aware of their environment at all times.

Concerns that a point of interest is located in an inappropriate location can be reported via this email address: support@spokko.com
    Head of Community
    "this functionality might appear at a later date." So not 100% certain it will have multiplayer @Elixor 🤔 I guess we'll see! Still interested in checking it out though.
    Level 29
    Yeah let's see 😀Hopefully we can play together within the Legion community!
    Head of Community
    Yeah let's see 😀Hopefully we can play together within the Legion community!
    Hope so! That would be awesome
    Community Manager
    Friend code:

Hey Guys! The game is now available and it's amazing! @Elixor @Marion
    I got a special steel sword as a reward for downloading it early! 😍

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-07-21 at 16.06.53.jpeg 
Views:	4878 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	1944

There is a possibility to add friends by exchanging your Witcher ID! 🙌

Why don't we all exchange our IDs in the Legion Community?

My ID is : 1285 1900 2531

My nickname is "Wersus"

Add me!

What's your ID?

Put your witcher nickname in the comments too, so I know I'm sending gift packs to you! 😉
    Level 29
    Here is my ID please add me: 0151 0029 5129