Any Borderlands fans here?

Replies
    views
    Level 12
    Hello everyone.

It's pretty safe to say that my favorite game of all time is Borderlands 2; I finished that game once on the Xbox and about 2 or 3 times on PC (and I was playing as Axton on all those playthoughs), so I was pretty excited when they finally announced Borderlands 3 and when it launched in September 2019. They made a lot of quality of life improvements and I actually quite enjoyed the villains (although they don't have anything on Handsome Jack).

One of the things that I really like about the Borderlands franchise is the extra content they released after the launch. 4 story DLCs in a year, a few seasonal events, and major updates every now and then. They also released the Designers Cut that added an extra skill tree to the characters and an extra battle-royalish mode, and today they'll be releasing the director's cut, adding one more story mission, a raid boss, and some extras for replayability.

Now I haven't been playing it nonstop since it launched, I actually took some breaks over the last year and a half. Having said that, I just finished everything the game has to offer (in preparation for the Designer's Cut that's coming out today) and every time I go back to it I always have loads of fun!

So long story short, any Borderlands fans here? Got any stories to share or tips and tricks?
  • 3 Replies

Head of Community
    Just spotted your topic here @tmonther! I played some Borderlands 2 on PS3 a few years back. Stopped for a bit and started waiting for Borderlands 3 and somewhere along the way I forgot all about it. I remember liking the atmosphere in the game, fun characters (Tiny Tina!) and the amazing popping colours of the map. 😍 I didn't find combat frustrating either which is pretty rare for me 😄

No tips or tricks to share on my end really as I haven't played much recently, however I'd still like to check out the latest game so if you have any tips yourself 😄 for someone like me who's just returning after a long time, let me know. I've just spotted it on Steam so adding to my wishlist to check out sometime!
    Level 12
    Oh that's awesome @Marion! Always happy to meet a fellow vault hunter 👍🏻

Well one tip would be is to get the super deluxe edition or the collectors edition, as they come with a free grenade called the Rubber Cheddar Shredder which at level 1 can help you get TONS of money later in the game and you can't get it anywhere else... if you remember from BL2, ammo and gear costs a lot of money so the more you have the better lol

Check out this guide that someone has created for all the special gear in the game https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...view?sle=true#

And once you want to start farming and going back and forth between areas, this interactive map is a lifesaver https://mapgenie.io/borderlands-3

If you ever need some help in the future, let me know!
    Head of Community
    Nice thanks for all the tips @tmonther! Super useful!! 🙏