Legion 5 Pro feels sluggish and gets low frame rates in games all of a sudden

Replies
    views
    Level 3
    Hello,

Ive been using my new Lenovo Legion 5 Pro for a few months now.
    I have the intel version (i7 - 11800 , 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX3060)

I wanted to play some games today after a long day hower I noticed my games are running very poorly.
    I tried playing battlefield 5, and just cause 3 normally I always have 60fps in battlefield v (capped) and around 140 in just cause 3.

But now im getting 15 - 30 fps in battlefield V and just cause 3 and the games are very stuttery.

Ive looked at task manager while gaming and the hardware utilisation of the cpu never goes higher than 20% around the same for the RTX 3060.
    It feels like i'm gaming on battery power even tho the charger is plugged in and im in balanced mode.

I don't know what caused this I did not change anything of my settings
  • 10 Replies

Level 3
    Seems like a power thruttle issue. Try changing the power settings on your pc. Else see if something is hugging up all your CPU/GPU power. Lastly it could be driver issues. Try to go to Nvidia and check if you have up to date drivers.
    Level 3
    In case you want more help at the trouble shooting: try downloading HWmonitor, run it while you are in a game and then screenshot the information displayed in HWmonitor and post it here. The information there should make it easier to pinpoint the issue :)
    Level 52
    Thanks for helping out! @Alb1rdy

Did you manage to resolve the issue? @Mical
    My farewell mesage 🌟: in English - in Arabic
    Your new MEA Community Manager is @UnapologeticDino!
    Level 1
    I found a solution on this reddit thread, multiple people reporting the same problem:
    Reddit - Dive into anything

This is not a driver issue. Did two clean Windows installs before finding a solution, one with the Lenovo Recovery and the other with a clean windows ISO, and the problem remained through both installations.

Go to the BIOS, and to the Option "Disable Battery". Unplug the computer for a minute and then plug it back in and the GPU should be back to full power.

I was able to reproduce the problem. I use a 100W USB C charger at home, and the original charger at work. After plugging in the USB C Charger, the GPU gets stuck in low power mode and will not come back until you disable the battery as shown above, even after going back to the original charger, or a full cycle of shut down and restart.

@Lenovo, please fix this issue!
    Last edited by Mrfoxjr; 24-11-21 at 12:59. Reason: Added information
    Level 1
    I found a solution on this reddit thread, multiple people reporting the same problem:
    Reddit - Dive into anything

This is not a driver issue. Did two clean Windows installs before finding a solution, one with the Lenovo Recovery and the other with a clean windows ISO, and the problem remained through both installations.

Go to the BIOS, and to the Option "Disable Battery". Unplug the computer for a minute and then plug it back in and the GPU should be back to full power.

I was able to reproduce the problem. I use a 100W USB C charger at home, and the original charger at work. After plugging in the USB C Charger, the GPU gets stuck in low power mode and will not come back until you disable the battery as shown above, even after going back to the original charger, or a full cycle of shut down and restart.

@Lenovo, please fix this issue!

Thank you. You saved me!

My Legion 7-16ACHg6 with latest GKCN53WW BIOS have this issue too.
    I've spent all day reinstalling software/drivers etc trying to fix it.
    @Lenovo Legion Polska, please do something with this issue
    Level 1
    I have fixed my problem by adjusting the in-game graphics settings. here
    Level 1
    I am having the same issue with the same laptop all of a sudden even some Windows applications are lagging. I have the same one that you have but with 32 GB of RAM Nvidia 3060, it was working fine before but I haven’t been able to find a solution Lenovo please help..
    Level 17
    first thing to look at is the drivers . use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the current graphics driver
    search for stable version of your graphics driver ,then do a clean install
    Level 3
    Hello guys, I have risen from the dead I saw an e-mail going into my mailbox. What I did to fix my issue was using driver software to update all the outdated drivers on my pc, after that it worked perfectly fine.

Still using the same laptop as of today.

I know this is a very late reply, but I thought it might help someone.