Do we have any EFT players here?

Replies
    views
    Level 12
    Curious, so asking the question.

Does anybody here on the board play EFT (Escape from Tarkov)?

//AirBnBacon
    Frozen consulting manager in the north.. loves gaming, writing code and wearing shorts in -5c
  • 4 Replies

Level 29
    @AirBnBacon Hey, I haven't (yet), this is on my list and to be fair, each day that pass, I feel I have less and less chance to get into it!
    The learning curve feels so steep that I'm way to late to the party I think.

I'm sure they must be more than a few people around here playing though 😁
    Level 12
    @AirBnBacon Hey, I haven't (yet), this is on my list and to be fair, each day that pass, I feel I have less and less chance to get into it!
    The learning curve feels so steep that I'm way to late to the party I think.

I'm sure they must be more than a few people around here playing though 😁

oh yeah, i know that feeling... and you're right, the learning curve on that game is insanely steep!! but, once you play it all other FPS games are ruined.
    Frozen consulting manager in the north.. loves gaming, writing code and wearing shorts in -5c
    Level 12
    In case some soul out there are curious about this game..

It's described as a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG with MMO features developed by Russian Saint-Petersburg-based game developer, Battlestate Games. Set in the fictional Norvinsk region located on the frontier between Russia and Europe, the metropolis of Tarkov was plunged into anarchy thanks to the Contract Wars. What was once a bustling city, is now roamed by rivalling scavenger gangs, former private military forces, and black ops units. Between them all, there's you, your stash, and the escape back to the free world from the depths of Tarkov.

Link to the game: Escape from Tarkov
    Link to the RAID series (which is set around the game and the story of escaping): Escape from Tarkov - Raid - full video (1hr long)

It's in "beta" still and will remain so for quite some time yet. The game is developing at a phenomenal rate and has more realistic aspects to it than any other shooter out there. The level of detail in this game goes well and truly beyond just being a shooter.

As @Elixor mentioned above then it does indeed have a very steep learning curve - but, it gives a thrill you just can't find in other shooters - they don't even compare. It's frustrating, exhilarating, gratifying and addictive.. oh, did i mention frustrating?

This year, one of the most popular streamers donated more than $1.2mill to charity through donations on his streams. This is an aussie bloke btw, goes by the name Pestily.

If you like shooters and "survival" type of games, then this is without a doubt the best there is - hands down. There is no bunny-hopping, 360-no scope headshots or trick shooting in this game... none.

It's hardcore, which also means that there's an age limit to the game....
    Level 12
    new reveal of an upcoming "big" map addition to EFT.. some game play..

Escape from Tarkov - Battle for Concordia (extended)

now, we suspect this map will be coming in December 😁