New World - discussion

Replies
    views
    Level 29
    I know we have a few MMOPRGs players around (like @Mithmarr @Marion and @Liue) and I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated thread for it.

While some of you may not be that excited for New World, the March 2021 update looks pretty amazing. It's a VERY LONG patchnotes though, so if you are interested to hear more, here is a video from KiraTV.

I'm actually getting more and more excited 😍

• 14 Replies

Head of Community
    I'm also excitedly waiting for this one! Amazon Game Studios - I want to check this out just for that already but also just craving to get into another MMORPG so I'm excited to see if this ticks all the boxes for me. It seems to have some elements of hunting and crafting which is important to me and I'm waiting to find out if it has the 'relaxation element' - i.e. in WoW if I'm too zzzz for fast-paced stuff like dungeons or raids (or even questing) I do like to take a moment and sit somewhere, fishing. Or gathering herbs or improving my pets collection. I have a feeling this game might have less opportunities for that but I haven't fully checked out all the updates and notes yet so might be wrong.
    Level 29
    I think you are right, it might not be the chill and relaxed experience you have in WoW, but I believe you can decide not to do PvP, so you will be able to enjoy. I do like the part where I explore and discover (hence enjoying the procedural side of games like Minecraft).

I did pre-order New World though, I think I've played most MMOs in the last 20 years so I'll definitely join at least for the experience of the launch (and all the dramas that goes with it).

From the March update I like that they are going into the direction of Dungeons, and bosses and other PvE activities. While it was (is?) aimed at a PvP games, I think they understand that they will reach many more people with something more accessible.

I can't wait for the next play test 😀
    Head of Community
    Just noticed that the closed beta for New World starts 20 July, so not super long to wait now. I caved in and about to pre-order it now to secure access to the beta! Steam game page says availability 31 August - remember when it felt like it was ages away? Has this date been officially confirmed do you know guys?
    Level 29
    Hey all,

The beta servers' names have been announced and here is the list:

Central Europe
    Annwyn
    Biringan
    Kasanaan
    Laestrygon
    Fae
    Ife
    Nav
    Inferni
    Hades
    Naraka
    Asgard
    Duzakh
    Lemuria
    Kvenland
    Kitezh
    Lyonesse

NA East
    Xanadu
    Penglai
    Maski
    Olympus
    Yama
    Themiscrya
    Atlantis
    Suddene
    Finias
    Thule
    Nysa

NA West
    Pangaia
    Kur
    Barzakh
    El Dorado
    Pleroma
    Murias
    Arali
    Aukumea

South America
    Adiri
    Shangri-La
    Tamag
    Niraya

Australia
    Samavasarana

Where are you planning to go? I haven't picked yet, I'm thinking of waiting to hear from the big communities to find out where they go so I can pick a less busy server :D
    Head of Community
    @Elixor Maybe Hades in the Europe list for me, sounds cool but no real thought behind that choice though. 😎

It starts tomorrow!!
    Head of Community
    Downloading! 😎
    Did you play yet @Elixor? What do you think so far and which server did you pick?
    Level 29
    @Marion VERY impressed so far! I'm level 15 on the server Ife
    Head of Community
    Oooh ok now you're making me even more excited about it! I've downloaded it, just taking a look at what it's like but will play properly after work tonight! Will let you know my thoughts soon 😄