[Closed] Competition!! How has gaming evolved you?

Replies
    views
    Head of Community
    Hey everyone!

Lovely to see all your gaming experiences above. 😊

Just a reminder that today is the last day to take part before the competition window closes. Winners will be picked by our Lenovo team early next week so do keep a look out for the winners announcement soon! 👍

Hope you're all having a great weekend and thanks for all the replies so far.
    Level 2
    Gaming has evolved me by emerging into new sensations and experiences during a large range of games: strategic, role-playing, board games, first person shooter, and even more. My preferences and personal skills have developed during time, and by learning, I have become better at achieving my goals and setting the bar higher, getting myself to know better. Also, not to forget, immersing into a game, forgetting time and place really is invaluable and definitely a fun way to make time go by - sometimes alone and sometimes with frieds.
    Level 2
    Gaming means the world to me - I was first introduced to the world of gaming as a small kid around 4 or 5 if I remember correctly - by playing Popeye 2 on DOS and also a Pac-Man version at my grandfathers work, while waiting for him.
    Later on, my father would always take my brother and I to his cousin's place to play the newest, hottest games at the time, on what I assume was some of the best PCs available (as he was running his own company selling computer parts); such as timeless classics like Command & Conquer, Duke Nukem 3D and Red Alert among others - all beginning at the ripe age of 6-7 😄 Starting so early means that gaming is a core part of me, and I haven't stopped playing ever since - even in times when I should have focused on something else; but haven't we all been in that situation 😅
    As my grandfather was working in the IT industry also, we always had 1 or 2 PCs at home to play around with 😀 He basically gave me my first very own personal computer (as in, only mine) by paying for most of it and taking the old one as a "trade". It was a "good" old Pentium 4 Dell Dimension 8300 back in 2001, which I ended up using extensively and upgrading several times, all the way up until around 2008 (if you can believe it 😆).
    It was also on this PC I was first introduced to the world of cooperative teamplay on a larger scale, as some nice British guys invited me to join their clan in Battlefield 1942, and even sent me stuff like a microphone for communication and old games they no longer wanted for free! Unfortunately it disbanded after Battlefield Vietnam and they closed down the website... I really wish I could thank them somehow! (AG Clan, in case someone has heard of it?!)

Even if I started out on PC, that didn't stop me from playing on consoles either, as I have owned every PlayStation available (and that I can finally say that I own all again recently!) - true gamers don't discriminate after all 😉

So as I sit here writing this text, away from home in self-isolation because my SO tested positive for Covid-19, and most likely will test positive when I will get tested tomorrow (I currently have 39c in fever); it is incredible hard for someone so deeply bound in gaming to try and cope and make each day pass smoothly, when you don't have any proper laptop you can use - especially considering I was already using gaming as a coping mechanism for other unrelated issues 😔 It's also safe to say mobile phone gaming just doesn't cut it 😅 I just hope I won't have any long term side effects that will permanently affect my gaming capabilities, because that would really be a blow to my very soul 😥
    Last edited by Sarge; 13-11-21 at 22:59. Reason: Extra text
    Head of Community
    Hi everyone! Happy Monday!

The competition has closed for new entries! Thanks so much everyone for sharing your gaming experiences - do keep an eye out for the winners announcement this week!
    👍
    Level 2
    @Tamara
    Hello from Finland!
    Can we soon say congratulations to the winners?
    Br. Akau
    Level 52
    Hey @Akau,
    @MoriMoonpaw will be announcing the winners soon! 😁
    My farewell mesage 🌟: in English - in Arabic
    Your new MEA Community Manager is @UnapologeticDino!
    Head of Community
    Hi everyone!

It has been amazing to read through all your lovely comments about gaming and how it has evolved you through learning various skills, and how it has improved your lives. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

It's time to reveal the winners 😎

Winners for the Legion 5 laptop:

Runners-up for accessories:

Congrats to our winners, and thanks so much everyone else for your great entries too! 😊

I will be in contact via Private Message soon for winners' details.

Hope you all stick around on the Legion Community for some more gaming discussions, game nights and other future fun activities.
    Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 22-11-21 at 12:51.
    Level 2
    Cheers to all and happy gaming🎉🥂🤩
    Remember to enjoy😄

Winners for the Legion 5 laptop:

Runners-up for accessories:
    Level 3
    @MoriMoonpaw
    @Akau

Wow! Thank you so much! 😍 My girlfriend is in shock right now! 😂 She's finally gonna be able to join us! 🙌
    This really made our year! Thank you from the both of us! 💜
    Last edited by Tivva; 22-11-21 at 11:46. Reason: Misspelled
    Level 2
    @Akau @MoriMoonpaw

Thank you so much!! This really means a lot to me. I was going to need a new laptop soon for school.. and gaming of course, and this just made my whole year, and next year..!😀 Thank you for having this lovely community and giving everyone a chance to participate in events and giveaways like these! 😍
    Last edited by TheFinnishGuy; 22-11-21 at 19:09. Reason: Added 4 words