[Closed] Competition!! How has gaming evolved you?

Replies
    views
    Level 1
    I met my best friend through playing osu!, it thought me that if things dont work out then try again until it works.
    Minecraft was one of my favorite games of all time, the amount of creative liberties you could take is just insane.
    My best memories back in the day were playing phantom forces or just grinding in Bee Swarm simulator on roblox
    saving up for gaming peripherals thought me to be patient and not to spend money on the tastiest candy bar or to waste money with microtransactions.
    Level 1
    Helped me through depression. Built social skills and let me have company when there was none otherwise. Nowadays just for fun :)
    Level 1
    Gaming helped me with my social skills. Communication and trust is key when playing a multi-player game, and gaming helped me understand my role in social groups, team work and other similar gatherings. I was a shy person as a kid, but while playing games, I could be myself without any judgment, which boosted my confidence and made me the person I am today 💪
    Gaming also gave me the opportunity to meet people from all over the world😍, which is more difficult otherwise in the current situation🤪
    Level 1
    I got better reflexes and I got some good skills it also stopped me being depressed
    Level 1
    Gaming has helped and made me evolve in many ways. Not only have my english gotten much better but so has my knowledge of different cultures and beliefs. The friends that I have gained aroud the globe due to gaming is truly remarkable and I honestly wouldn't trade it for anything. I would also like to say that I've gotten a bit thicker skinned since you do unfortunately also meet a lot of rude people as well but it also helps in its own way. Playing various games has also helped with my creativity which is something very important to me! :)
    Level 1
    It has helped me thru my illnes "ME" to keep in touch with freinds and have som type of social life.. and given me much joy during this rough time, that sadly is not over...
    Level 1
    Gaming has taught me IT skills from the troubleshooting you have to do with some PC games. Also it has taught me social skills and planning skills from competitive multiplayer

happy to be a gamer!
    Level 2
    So many things!
    Gaming has taught me better English, teamwork and given me friends all across the world!
    Understanding of different cultures and religions.
    My reflexes have gotten better, and to see the bigger picture. Creativity, strategize. And much much more.
    Level 3
    Gaming really is my form of escapism and lifestyle though so many years of it. Ever since I was a little girl with my Sega Genesis up until now with an old gaming pc. I grew up playing video games in arcades to distract me from a traumatic childhood well into my adult years dealing with schizophrenia, depression and anxiety. It's still tough from time to time but real life therapy and online gaming therapy have a good effect on my quality of life.

I honestly don't know how I would've survived if I hadn't had these digital worlds to comfort me. Games have had such a huge impact on my life. From the social aspect of online games, to skill building, organizing, critical thinking and morale choices of solo campaign modes. Not to mention the friends you meet along the way. Some great, others not so good. You learn to not keep the toxic ones with you.

Gaming really is a huge comfort to me has helped in it's own way shape me to be the person I am today. :)
    Level 1
    Hi, gaming has gotten me less socially awkward, and really learned me to write and speech English. It helped me with my depression and anxiety as an escape. If I didn’t game I was only to myself and wouldn’t leave home. I got friends from all over the world and irl, so I’m so thankful for gaming because it has made me to the person I am today. Without gaming I think I wouldn’t be here anymore actually. I am so thankful 🥰