[Closed] Competition!! How has gaming evolved you?

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    Name:  HowHasGamingEvolvedYou.jpg
Views: 5290
Size:  72.2 KB

--------------------------------
    UPDATE:
    COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
    Thanks everyone who took the time to share about your gaming experiences in this topic. It was amazing to read about all the different ways that gaming has evolved you and made your lives better. Some amazing insights and stories there - thanks all for sharing. 🤗

To our winners (announced here) - congratulations! I'm getting in contact via Private Message soon to grab your details so keep an eye out in your inbox.👍

--------------------------------

Hi all, did you have a chance to watch the Enter the Gamer episodes one and two yet where Neil the Narrator investigates the complex world of gamers? 😊 Related to the series, we have an awesome opportunity for you!

Gaming has become more than a hobby for a lot of people. It’s become a lifestyle and for a few, a way of living! Gaming is way more than what it looks like - it’s a world where almost everything is possible.

As gamers we march these digital lands, and compete in various disciplines, and through this we learn, adapt and evolve. So we'd like to ask -

How has gaming evolved you?

Join our community and reply in this topic to share how you have evolved through your gaming experiences, for a chance to win the LEGIONdary gamer laptop, the Legion 5! Other awesome swag up for grabs include the Legion M600 wireless gaming mouse, Legion K500 keyboard and the Legion H500 – 7.1 surround headset!

Steps to take part:

1. If you're not a member yet, join the community - just click on the Register button at the top of the page, enter your details and don't forget to confirm your email address when you're done!
    2. Come back to this topic and post in the comments below to answer the question How has gaming evolved you? 😎

What can you win?
    First prizes: 4 x Legion 5 laptops available, one winner per country
    Runners up: 1 x gaming mouse, 1 x keyboard and 1 x headset available for 3 additional winners!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QtX0et3w.jpg 
Views:	6325 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	2400

The competition closes on Saturday 13th November. A team from Lenovo will select the winners based on the answers given once the competition period has ended. Anyone from the Nordic community markets (Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden) can participate!

Good luck everyone! 👍
    Official Replies Official Replies
    Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 22-11-21 at 19:00.
    My farewell mesage 🌟: in English - in Arabic
    Your new MEA Community Manager is @UnapologeticDino!
  • 232 Replies

Level 1
    It made me better with my social skills. Once i was very nonsocial and didn't have many friend. But the online community made got me friends and made me more self confident and helped me develop my social skills.
    Level 2
    Gaming got me started in the IT industry
    Level 1
    Gaming has made me appreciate people from all over the world. I used to play games with a group of people I met in online games. When my computer broke down I could not afford a new one. They all chipped in and bought me a new one so I could play with them. That act of generosity is still with me today, and I make sure to support small streamers/content creators whenever I can.
    Level 2
    Gaming has made me not feel so alone.and i have improved my socials skills And you meet people from all corners of the world. And you get freinds for life.Iam unemployed and on long-term sick and my computer is old and I am in great need of a new one but with no income it is impossible.so now i'm keeping my fingers crossed to win a new computer , i love to play and learn new things and The people you meet its just amazing 💖 majsan from sweden
    Last edited by Majsan; 12-11-21 at 12:40.
    Level 1
    Relations with friends through social games.
    Level 2
    I remember gaming in arcades when i was little and that was great times. But the first time I got a home game console (NES) I was about 7 years old and I got it because my parents wanted a way help me learning how to read and write. They where hoping that it would get me into wanting to read what the they where saying in the game and maybe getting my finger coordination up so I would have a easier time writing. We did not know at the time that I was dyslexic, but the NES got me in to games and then later in to games on the computer. Loving to play games on the computer alone and with others help me to use the computers at school more also getting learning games on my own computer to help me learn how to read and white. I'm still struggling with dyslexia, but now being 36 years old and using both my computer and mobile helps me with read and write in a fairly level degree. So games really help getting to where I am now in life and I think that games really can help kids and even adult learn a lot both in and out of the classroom like it help me not only with dyslexia but other hard times in my life. And it all started with a red jumping plumber name Mario on my old NES.
    Level 1
    @Tamara Gaming has taught me a lot about different languages and through that I have gotten a lot of friends all over the world. It has taught me the social skills and charisma that helped me with learning to get to know people from my real life. Through gaming i have been taught the value of hard work and how, when you work hard for something you should be thankful for how far you've gotten. My interest for gaming and the technical interest it also brought along helped me get through my education and get the job I am currently holding - with gaming you gain a curiosity for tweaking your setup to maximise performance. Lastly, the gaming world has gotten me to strive for becoming better at a lot of aspects of my life and how it is okay to work to be the best at what you do. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
    Level 3
    Gaming has done a lot for me in terms of evolving abilities, not only in terms of skills, but also as a human.

- I've learned the majority of my English vocabulary from gaming.
    - I've become better at socializing due to gaming, even to the point of becoming friends with former bullies from my days in school.
    - Gaming has been a safe space and taught me how to relax and unwind after a stressful day, and not to take it out on others.
    - Gaming has been the reason why I can multitask and navigate several screens, when keeping notes and tracking different things.
    - It has taught me to be better as a human and to understand others through stories about race & gender differences told in games where the characters I played experienced those things.
    - Games have taught me compassion and to be kind through interactions with NPCs.
    And most of all: Games have taught me that we can come from different places and cultures all around the world, but still be united with one common thing.
    Level 2
    I started playing video games when I was around 8 years old. Back then I couldn't speak, write or read English. In the beginning, my father needed to translate quests in World of Warcraft for me, but over time I started recognizing more and more words, making me able to autonomously progress in the game. My friends from back then and I were all much better at English than our peers, which I believe gaming was the major cause of. I still see these friends, now around 20 years later, which gaming might've had a role to play in, too. So while it might sound slightly tacky, I believe gaming has contributed a lot to not only my general education, but also my social skills, my ideals and my lifelong bonds with other people.

To this day, a lot of my free time is still spent on gaming (with largely the same people even, although the group has grown in size over the years). I can't imagine who and where I'd be without these wonderful people I've met from all over the world, and all that was possible through games.

Lastly I want to emphasize gaming's potential in learning environments. I have worked a few years as a teacher in English and Danish, and in that time me and my team used a lot of games of different variety in class. Not only did this allow the students to express themselves in more multimodal ways than just a five page essay, but it was also inspiring to see, that just the mere fact that using gaming as an educational tool sparked so much joy, that the students kept "studying" even at recess. I look forward to see where games in education will carry us in the future, and where games in the free time will carry me.
    Last edited by hriskaer; 13-10-21 at 14:27.