Legion Y25g-30: experience gaming the way it was intended!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Name:  LegionY2530FrontFacing.jpg
Views: 2290
Size:  84.1 KB

Hello everyone!

Do you, ladies and gents of the community, have a gaming monitor?

If you don't, but you're considering getting one (or want to change the one you currently have), keep on reading.

As a casual gamer, I believe you can play from any console, PC or mobile phone. Only last year, I spent hours and hours glued to my phone while playing Among Us, and I know a lot of you can relate to that. That's the beauty of our favourite hobby, accessibility.

However, I also know that having the best possible device/accessory can make a whole lot of difference when playing those key moments in games such as a Call of Duty, League of Legends or Overwatch: when every victory is measured in milliseconds and you can't risk confusing a member of the enemy team with the shadow of a tree!!

So, if you are one of those gamers who need the best visuals you can get, I am very excited to introduce you to a pro gamer's secret weapon: the Legion Y25g-30!!!

FEATURES

The Legion Y25g-30 has the fastest refresh rate till date in the world(360 Hz!) as well as the latest NVIDIA® G-SYNC® technology and rapid 1ms response time, so you can enjoy a lag-free gameplay. This monitor delivers the SMOOTHEST gaming performance by syncing the refresh rate with the graphics card to minimize screen tearing, latency, and ghosting for clearer images.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LegionY2530FrontFacingLeftNormalPosition (1).jpg 
Views:	2073 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	2491Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LegionY2530SidePorts .jpg 
Views:	2167 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	2492

For superb detail clarity, the Legion Y25g-30 also has In-plane Switching Panel that provides amazingly vivid visual effects. It assures minimized colour distortion even at wide-viewing angles. With up to 400 cd/m2 brightness, HDR decoding, and 99% sRGB color gamut with Delta E<2, this monitor brings your game to life with realistic effects.

All of this packed in a sleek and modern design, perfect for that gaming set-up you have in mind. 😉

show specs

DISPLAY

Panel Size
    24.5-inch

Screen Dimensions
    552.5 mm x 319.6 mm

Panel Type
    3-side NearEdgeless
    In-Plane Switching

Active Area
    543.1 mm x 302.6 mm

Backlight
    WLED

Refresh Rate
    DP 1.4 - 360 Hz

SPECIAL FEATURES

Factory Calibration
    Yes (Avg. Delta E<2)

Software

Lenovo Artery4
    (Lenovo Display Control Center)
    - Brightness & Contrast Adjustment
    - Volume Control
    - Color Tuning
    - Gaming Light Control
    - Show Frame Rate
    - Desktop Partition
    - Sound Device

Sync Technology
    NVIDIA® G-SYNC®1, 2
    NVIDIA® Reflex Latency Analyzer3
    ULMB

E-sports Mode
    Yes

RGB Lighting
    Yes

DIMENSIONS

Size Unpacked w/stanSize Unpacked w/stand (D x H x W)
    (mm/inch) (Highest Position)
    230.6 x 509.8 x 557.3 mm
    9.08 x 20.07 x 21.94 inches

Size Unpacked w/o Stand (Head Only)
    (D x H x W) (mm/inch)
    57.0 x 333.1 x 557.3 mm
    2.24 x 52.48 x 21.94 inches Show more]

So, how do you like the features and specs? 😎
    Interested in getting the monitor yourself? What games would you like to play on it?
    Let us know in the comments!
    → Gana un ordenador Legion, participa aquí
    → ¿Aún no te has registrado?>Hazlo aquí 🤗
  • 7 Replies

Level 31
    Hi there!

I indeed do have a gaming monitor, and obviously, it is Lenovo Legion: Lenovo Legion Y27q-20 27" -gaming monitor. It might not be able to reach 360Hz, but I've been just fine with 165Hz it is able to reach. This is how it looks like!

Name:  IMG_20210921_211522.jpg
Views: 1931
Size:  80.1 KB

And it is this one: https://www.lenovo.com/fi/fi/accesso...I/p/65EEGAC1EU 😁 It serves just well with World of Warcraft, FFXIV, Cyberpunk 2077, RDR2 and Netflix!
    Community Manager
    Hey @Liue!! Cool monitor 😎 didn't know you had a Legion, I'm jealous! (I have a Legion laptop, and it's great, but you know, one gets greedy after reading specs...)

Hey, how do you like Cyberpunk? Have they fixed the bugs?
    Level 31
    I actually do have Legion. Legion tower, Legion monitor, Legion Legion headset, Legion mouse and Legion keyboard. :D I am big fan.

Oh yeah, a lot of patches and bug fixed has been pushed out. It feels good and smooth, I love how well my Legion tower's NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060Ti is able to run Cyberpunk with high graphics. Looks absolutely stunning on monitor.

I have been thinking of getting Legion laptop too alongside my tower actually. Could play when out of home.
    Community Manager
    @Liue 😲😲😲you really are one us!!! #TeamLegion (and I am even more jealous now, I want a cool set-up too) 😭

Talking about Cyberpunk, I really wanted to play it, it reminds me of some old sci-fi old movies/books I really like, like the Neuromancer and Johnny Mnemonic. (Keanu Reeves is the main lead in that one, the guy really likes his dystopian scripts), but the bugs made me reconsider, glad they've fixed most issues now.

Which laptop do you have in mind? I have the Legion 5 Pro, and I love it: every game I've played so far runs really smoothly, every download takes half of the time it took in my old machine (btw, if you do get it, make sure you include the RGB lighting, I forgot about it and I'm stuck with just white 😝), but I also like the look of the Legion 7, it's a bit sleeker and lighter.
    Level 31
    #TeamLegion

That is why I am here and this is indeed how I first found out this forum. Lenovo Vantage preinstalled programme recommended it (and it still does!)

My very first Legion tower had NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with AMD Ryzen 5 3600 but since I play so much, I needed stronger specs to really push up my gaming experience. I could have chosen any other brand, but I decided to keep up supporting Lenovo by buying your tower with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060Ti with AMD Ryzen 7 3700X and been extremely satisfied!

Here it is. I know it may look a bit blank as I have not (yet) been able to buy any cool posters, for example. Also my apartment is quite tiny, so I have my setup in living room where kitchen is connected. I am very much worried as I'd have oven and dishwasher placed about 3,5 meters from my tower and balcony door is placed immediately right of my desk, but so far I have been able to (I think) to keep my tower away from heat and steam coming from the kitchen.

Name:  IMG_20210923_114851.jpg
Views: 1819
Size:  76.0 KB

I have been thinking that since desk is so large, I could buy another Legion monitor to work as my second monitor. That would boost my gaming experience even more. Your monitors truly are great, I got this one already with my first tower.

Legion T5 26AMR5 specs:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X (3,6 - 4,4 GHz, 8 cores, 4+32 Mt, Multi-Threading)
    • RAM: 16 GB (2x8) DDR4-3200, 4 slots, max. 128 GB
    • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 Gt GDDR6
    • SSD: 512 GB

Lenovo Legion Y27q-20 27-inch WLED Gaming Monitor:

• The Lenovo Legion Y27q-20 gaming monitor delivers an immersive gaming experience that’s sure to get your pulse racing. The IPS wide viewing angle panel ensures stunning clarity with true colours. A 1 ms response time and 165 Hz refresh rate give you the edge when it matters most. The innovative NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible technology takes gameplay to a whole new level, churning out ultra-smooth visuals, reducing screen tearing and motion blur.

About laptop, I think Legion 5 Pro indeed could be a smooth choice. For laptop my priority is fast enough opening up, possibility to multitask and so on as it would prob be mostly used for school stuff and so on. For gaming, I will definitely stay with tower!
    Community Manager
    @Liue I had written s super long post about your set-up and I clicked the wrong button and pff! gone!! Let's see what I can remember... 😋

What a cool space you have there!! I'd share mine but it's just my Legion 5 Pro, a Darth Vader Bobble Head Funko, a Notting Hill print and 3 empty coffee cups from this morning. 😉I dream about getting a room just for gaming/office, but just like you my work/gaming space is close to my kitchen. 🍽

"I have been thinking that since desk is so large, I could buy another Legion monitor to work as my second monitor. That would boost my gaming experience even more. Your monitors truly are great, I got this one already with my first tower."

I think I'll do the same, first one monitor and then a second. In my previous job we had 2 and it really makes a difference, you can organise stuff better. On the other hand, Legion has a long, curvy one that looks amazing, the Y44W. Too big for my tiny desk though.

The Legion 5 Pro laptop is a good choice, if you do get it, let me know!

Are you getting WoW posters or movie posters?? I want neon signs for mine, maybe a Matrix vintage poster 🤔
    Level 3
    Wow, what a beautiful pice of merchandise! No i don't own one or anything Legion for that matter, not even a cap or hoody. Currently jamming on my tv screen.

OMG WHY!?

funds buddy, funds.