Ubuntu in legion 7

Replies
    views
    Level 2
    Is it ok to use ubuntu in Legion 7 laptop? Or is there any option where i can just work with ubuntu with my bootable flash drive and save my works in the flash drive itself without installing ubuntu in my laptop?! Please help
  • 2 Replies

Level 52
    Hi there @habeebar95

Windows is the official OS with Legion laptops but we can check internally if we can find any info on this. In the meantime, does anyone in the community have any experience/knowledge on this?
    My farewell mesage 🌟: in English - in Arabic
    Your new MEA Community Manager is @UnapologeticDino!
    Level 1
    Is it ok to use ubuntu in Legion 7 laptop? Or is there any option where i can just work with ubuntu with my bootable flash drive and save my works in the flash drive itself without installing ubuntu in my laptop?! Please help

Hi everyone,

Be sure that your USB key is formatted in GPT with rufus to start in UEFI, you can disable secure boot if it does not work in the bios options of your legion.

Choose the key for the start-up & go

You can use Ubuntu in live USB/CD mode without problems and save your documents, you can also install ubuntu next to windows with the dualboot or simply virtualize, or even install WSL for windows. I recommend however a USB 3.0 key minimum or a portable SSD for the live CD/USB

Don't hesitate if you need more help & forgive my english level, i'm a french IT tech ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ I hope to be understanding

Last edited by ricksanchezc137; 15-10-21 at 14:40. Reason: Error