Competition: 12 Weeks in Azeroth - Week 1 (11-15 July)

Replies
    views
    Head of Community
    Hi everyone!

Get your adventuring boots on because our 12 Weeks in Azeroth competition has officially started! 😺

What’s the competition?
    Each week, there will be a theme of the week announced (see below for the first one). Log into World of Warcraft, look around in the game until you spot something you think fits with the theme. Take a screenshot and post it in the weekly competition thread.

Once the weekly competition window closes, one person amongst those who have posted their screenshot will receive a code to get 60 days free game time in World of Warcraft! 😍

Important note: Codes are for members in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden only. However, as I’ve mentioned before, Azeroth is beautiful and if you’re not in our Nordic countries but would enjoy posting your screenshots anyway, please do - I would love to see them. 😎

See below for details on week 1:

Name:  12_weeks_in_azeroth_competition_wk01re.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  73.2 KB

Competition theme: Week 1

The theme of this week is... ... ... ... drum roll... ... ... 🥁

Animals & Critters

Azeroth is filled with cute (and not so cute), friendly (and not so friendly) animals and smaller critters like little bugs and tiny crawly things... 🐕🐆🐎🐖🐊🐠🐝 So log into the game, get out there - anywhere in Azeroth - and find me a nice screenshot that fits this theme anytime before Friday 15 July at 12:00 CEST.

So to recap, here’s what to do in order to participate in this week’s competition:

1. Login to World of Warcraft (it's free to play until level 20!)
    2. Look around for something that you think fits nicely with the theme of “animals & critters”
    3. Snap a screenshot
    4. Post your screenshot as a reply to this thread before Fri 15 July at 12:00 CEST.

The winner will be picked randomly amongst all eligible entries to receive the game time code, after the window has closed. One code per winner. And don’t worry, if you don’t get a code this week, participate again next week because we'll do this every week until all 12 codes are gone. 😊
    Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 13-07-22 at 09:08.
  • 15 Replies

Head of Community
    I can't actually participate in the competition element myself, but I've gone to Azeroth and found a screenshot fitting the theme.

I saw this chicken in the back garden of an inn in a town called Brennadam (a very pretty place) in Stormsong Valley in Kul Tiras. Sadly, like 2 seconds after I snapped the screenshot someone came and killed the chicken 😭

Name:  World Of Warcraft Screenshot 2022.07.12 - 08.16.21.80 copy (1).jpg
Views: 120
Size:  99.3 KB
    Level 31
    I went to have a picnic in Nordrassil, located in Mount Hyjal, original World Tree of the Night Elves. Nordrassil is Darnassian, meaning "crown of the heavens." As a Void Elf I still felt comfy, as, even tho home of the different species of Elves, we are all still Elves after all. 😊

Name:  WoWScrnShot_071222_132354.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  100.9 KB
    Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
    Head of Community
    Ohhh that's lovely @Liue, is that a little Faerie Dragon flying next to you? 😍
    Level 31
    Ohhh that's lovely @Liue, is that a little Faerie Dragon flying next to you? 😍

It indeed is.

Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
    Level 31
    Here's another picture. I was hunting battle pets all around the Eastern Kingdoms until I saw this little guy in need of urgent help. Spider was attacking, so I had to swoop in to save its life. Now we made BFF.

Name:  WoWScrnShot_071322_102941.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  97.5 KB

Head of Community
    Nice one @Liue looks like you defeated the spider together with your new friend 😁 I just spotted there was another one further away behind you 😅

Oh and reminder to everyone, you have until TOMORROW (Fri 15th) to participate with your screenshot until the window closes at 12:00 CEST!
    Level 10
    Name:  Uten navn.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  81.0 KB

So me and my watchbear is hiding inside a small ruined housecave having a chat with the other residents who NOT EVEN CARE ABOUT ME!
    Sincerely,
    RedswordGames
    Twitch - RedswordGames
    Head of Community
    Hahahah @RedswordGames, that's a fierce looking bear 😄 What area are you in?
    Level 10
    @MoriMoonpaw - I was just outside the main town in Revendreth :D
    Sincerely,
    RedswordGames
    Twitch - RedswordGames