Competition: 12 Weeks in Azeroth - Week 2 (15-22 July)

Replies
    views
    Head of Community
    Hey everyone!

Following on from last week's competition with the "animals and critters" theme (such lovely screenshots and congratulations @Liue) we now move on to WEEK 2! And if you're not yet familiar with the 12 Weeks in Azeroth competition where you have a chance to win a 60-days game time code - check out all the details here.

Let's see what this week's theme is...

Name:  12_weeks_in_azeroth_competition_wk02re.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  70.4 KB

Theme for week 2:

Water

So, put your adventuring boots back on and get into Azeroth! What can you see there that would fit nicely with the theme of "water"? 😊

Just like last week, here's what to do in order to participate in the competition this week:
    1. Login to World of Warcraft (it's free to play until level 20!)
    2. Look around for something you think fits with the theme of "water"
    3. Snap a screenshot
    4. Post your screenshot as a reply to this thread before Friday 22 July at 12:00 CEST.

The winner will be picked randomly amongst all eligible entries to receive the game time code, after the window has closed. One code per winner. And don’t worry, if you don’t get a code this week, participate again next week because we'll do this until all 12 codes are gone. And as I always say, Azeroth is beautiful 😍 so even if you might have won previously and can't win again, do continue participating and sharing your creative shots, let's grow this amazing collection!

P.S. Just shout if you need any help with how to take a screenshot in the game, or how to post it here. Happy to help. 😊
  • 13 Replies

Community Manager
    I wonder if we can go all Avatar: The Last Airbender on this and do a week for Earth, Air and Fire as well?
    Level 31
    ”Shaman are spiritual guides and practitioners, not of the divine, but of the very elements. Unlike some other mystics, shaman commune with forces that are not strictly benevolent. The elements are chaotic, and left to their own devices, they rage against one another in unending primal fury. It is the call of the shaman to bring balance to this chaos. Acting as moderators among earth, fire, water, and air, shaman summon totems that focus the elements to support the shaman’s allies or punish those who threaten them.“

Name:  WoWScrnShot_072022_001303.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  78.7 KB

One wise Dwarven Shaman, Teo Hammerstorm, once said:

“Know this: a shaman must never demand power; to do so would arouse the anger of the elements, and a shaman without the elements' protection is nothing. Those that follow the path of the shaman must never forget this most vital tenet. However, a shaman that works in a respectful union with the elements wields a power rivaled by few.”

As a master of the elements, I am one with the water. Water shield around me, I took a long trip beyond the Great Sea with Essia, Draenei Restoration Shaman with the goal to learn and master.
    Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
    Head of Community
    I wonder if we can go all Avatar: The Last Airbender on this and do a week for Earth, Air and Fire as well?

Sounds awesome! We have all 12 weeks' themes prepared for the competition itself already but we can continue the weekly screenshot themes even beyond the competition itself! There are ENDLESS opportunities for interesting shots in this game 😎

Any other cool themes you have in mind? 😊

@Liue Amazing shot in the moonlight! 😍 What's that you're standing on, did you bring it with you like a raft or was it part of the surroundings?
    Head of Community
    I completed Battle for Azeroth (sort of, still have to tie up some loose ends there) and started Shadowlands yesterday, with my Void Elf Destruction Warlock.

This morning I arrived at Bastion, and the first person I met was Kleia (she's standing at the back in the photo). She thinks I'm one of the usual souls that arrive here and said I'd need to step into this pool of water to help me recover from my journey through the veil. Can't wait for them to find out I'm actually mortal. 😅

Name:  World Of Warcraft Screenshot 2022.07.20 - 10.17.24.73re.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  99.2 KB
    Level 31
    @Liue Amazing shot in the moonlight! 😍 What's that you're standing on, did you bring it with you like a raft or was it part of the surroundings?

That's toy actually, a surf board which lets you move across the water.
    Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
    Level 10
    @Liue @MoriMoonpaw
    That is some awesome footages! Good job on capturing those moments!

"Here i am sitting by the bonfire, wondering what is out there in our world". *Sigh* Gorian does, and wonder about what he should do next. Kill a boar, catch a crab, mine some minerals, "hmm.. i live free in this world, and i do hunt to stay alive."

Name:  By the ocean.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  92.5 KB
    Sincerely,
    RedswordGames
    Twitch - RedswordGames
    Level 31
    Oui! Sen'jin Village, Troll starter zone. One of my BIGGEST favorites in whole game! Go @RedswordGames, take my money!

Head of Community
    @RedswordGames That's really lovely! Makes me want to take a break from Ardenweald for a bit and come relax (and do some fishing) by the bonfire! 😊
    Head of Community
    Alright, happy Friday everyone! The competition window has closed and the Wheel of Names has spoken....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WinnerWk2re.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	7773

The winner is @RedswordGames 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 Congratulations - I will follow up via DM with your game time code. Keep hunting!

Staff won't be able to win I'm afraid but @DoctorEldritch I included you in the wheel as an honorary mention for participating in the discussion. 😁 Also thanks a lot @Liue for coming back this week to post your screenshot despite being the winner last week! Always really nice to see your shots and read the backstory!

Hope you all and more come back to post your screenshots for the next theme! I'll announce it later tonight. 😎 Any guesses as to what it might be?