Competition: 12 Weeks in Azeroth - Week 3 (22-29 July)

Replies
    views
    Head of Community
    Hey everyone! Happy Friday!

Following on from last week's competition with the "water" theme (aaaaamazing screenshots!!!), let's look at what's happening in week 3! And if you're not yet familiar with the 12 Weeks in Azeroth competition where you have a chance to win a 60-days game time code - check out all the details here.

Let's get straight into this week's theme....

Name:  12_weeks_in_azeroth_competition_wk03re.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  67.5 KB

Theme for week 3:

A small interesting detail

Have your adventuring boots on again? Good. Get into Azeroth, and this time, we're looking for something small, a detail in the surroundings that you've spotted and think is interesting in any way. 😎

Just like last week, here's what to do in order to participate in the competition this week:
    1. Login to World of Warcraft (it's free to play until level 20!)
    2. Look around for something you think fits with the theme of "a small interesting detail"
    3. Snap a screenshot
    4. Post your screenshot as a reply to this thread before Friday 29 July at 12:00 CEST.

The winner will be picked randomly amongst all eligible entries to receive the game time code, after the window has closed. One code per winner. And don’t worry, if you don’t get a code this week, participate again next week because we'll do this every week until all 12 codes are gone.

P.S. Just shout if you need any help with how to take a screenshot in the game, or how to post it here. Happy to help. 😊

Can't wait to see your screenshots! There are SO many interesting details in this game so really looking forward to seeing what you come up with this time.
  • 4 Replies

Head of Community
    Anyone managed to grab a screenshot of an interesting detail in the game? I actually found several awesome things, here's one that I had actually never noticed before until I was purposefully looking around.

This is a barber shop in (new) Dalaran. They have wigs and stuff laid out in front of the chair you sit on when you're getting your hair done. 😄 Ever noticed that?

Name:  WoWDetails01re.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  75.0 KB
    Level 31
    Wow, I had no clue @MoriMoonpaw! 🤔 I always just run in, sit down on the chair and change either my gender or haircut. 😂 That is so, so cool. omg.

Let me find something..

There's pastry & cake van selling all the sweet and delicious stuff in Legion Dalaran.

Name:  WoWScrnShot_072922_144124.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  93.7 KB

Yummy, who wouldn't like?

But when I investigated more, I noticed that cookies which had fallen down had this very, very interesting smile on their face..

Name:  WoWScrnShot_072922_144058.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  87.3 KB

Can you notice the difference?
    Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
    Head of Community
    OH whaaaaat I've never noticed that even though I'm in Dalaran often @Liue, e.g. fishing for [Giant Sewer Rat] and just randomly AFKing there while I work because I like the atmosphere in (old) Dalaran, and just passing by to travel to other places sometimes. 😄

I actually spotted some other details I also liked in Dalaran and would like to post those, just gathering my screenshots. 😁 I really like looking around in more detail. I thought I normally do that anyway, but now, with more purpose, I realised I actually hadn't seen as much as I thought!

The competition part of this week's theme has now ended btw as it's past noon - we'll roll over the code prize to a future week when we have more participants. 😊
    Head of Community
    Continuing with details in Dalaran, I've never before spotted this guy who is offering laundry services and using his water elemental to wash clothes 😄 I like it that his pet is in a bucket of water and there are clothes hanging above.

Name:  Laundry.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  97.1 KB