LEGO and Video Games

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

A quick question: does anyone here plays with LEGO or used to do so as a child?

I have to admit, LEGO was one of my favorite toys growing up and I lost count of how many sets my parents bought me. I have fond memories of all the time I spent building the sets and playing with them.

And LEGO was testing the waters with video games even back then. Back in 1999, I remember playing the Rock Raiders game based on their Rock Raiders sets, which was surprisingly decent RTS for its time:

And that was before LEGO expanded into LEGO Movie and partnerships with various franchises and new set ideas, too. Nowadays LEGO makes all sorts of games, the most recent of which would be the Skywalker Saga set in the Star Wars universe:

All 12 Star Wars films rolled in one grand and epic brick goodness, a treat for LEGO and Star Wars fans alike! It is on my list, but I have not tried it yet, has anyone?

And the connection between LEGO and video games does not stop there! Just recently LEGO issued a new set, and now you can build your very own Atari® 2600! Thank our @Aaricia for this find!

Name:  Screenshot 2022-07-26 130228.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  87.8 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2022-07-26 130207.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  89.7 KB

Though it may not allow you to play actual games, it would still look very cool on display!

But that's my love for LEGO. Has anyone else got any love to share about those colourful building blocks or played any LEGO games you liked?
  • 4 Replies

Head of Community
    I've built with LEGO bricks since I was a child, and also as an adult. 😄 Now it's been a few years though since I haven't had any to play with (ended up selling them and/or giving them away a few years back).

I wouldn't mind building that Atari 😍 I'd then add it on the shelves underneath the TV where all the consoles normally go 😄

I played LEGO Batman on PS3, mostly for Trophy-hunting actually! Going for the Platinum of course but can't remember if I got there in the end or not. 😄

What would you like to build out of LEGO apart from the Atari, @DoctorEldritch? If you could choose anything and there were no restrictions on access to different types and colours of blocks.

Ohhh I can guess what @Liue might build - A life-sized (or almost) Stormwind? 😁
    Community Manager
    @MoriMoonpaw How about a world map so that I could colour blue all LEGION communities and fill it in as we grow?

Name:  legomap.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  99.8 KB

But that's a set. Left to my own devices, I think I'd build a LEGO underwater set with lots of LEGO dolphins. 🐬
    Level 31
    I actually did find this dude from YouTube @MoriMoonpaw. Video is quite old, it's from 2017, but what he did is hella impressive.

I did use to have Legos when I was a child, but after that I have really never built anything. It does not mean I wouldn't be able to, it could be an interesting challenge to try out tbh.

If someone gives us Legos, could try out and build something. Think it as a competition: who creates the most impressive, unique, Lego building?
    Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
    Head of Community
    @DoctorEldritch I didn't know they had a LEGO world map set! That's cool. And I'd totally want to see photos of your underwater world! 👍
    @Liue WOW that's very impressive. He even has things built that are hidden inside the ships etc. as cool details. Oooh a competition where you have to replicate your Minecraft house using LEGO bricks could be interesting 😄