Assembly Summer 2022 in Helsinki - Day 1

Replies
    views
    Head of Community
    Hey everyone! Hope you're all having a nice week so far.

We've now had the first day (plus set-up yesterday) at Assembly Summer 2022 in Helsinki, Finland, and it's been awesome so far! Legion has presence there and I'm there too together with @Liue, spending time at the Legion booth, trying out games (I need to play more CSGO and bowling!) and talking about the Legion Community - of course! 😁

The Legion booth looks amazing (photos below) and there are some interesting gaming stuff happening everywhere and all the time at the event, from esports tournaments to cool gaming competitions to a massive LAN party. 😎

This was day 1 - the event lasts until Sunday this week so 4 days in total. Check out a few photos below! And let me know what you think of the Legion booth? 😊 Have you ever been in a physical gaming event or a LAN party yourself? This is my first time with Legion / Assembly! 😎

Here's the Legion booth, before people started arriving at the event:
    Name:  Day0_LegionBooth_re.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  101.5 KB

Our community is mentioned on the digital screens around the booth 😎
    Name:  Day1_LegionBooth_Community_re.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  89.7 KB

...and so is @Girls Legion 😎
    Name:  Day1_LegionBooth_GirlsLegion2_re.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  88.3 KB

Walking outside the Legion booth, there's a huge tournament area where esports groups compete and a big audience watching:
    Name:  Day1_Exh_tournament_re.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  102.5 KB

We tried Tennis with Nintendo Switch and won, at the Nintendo booth 😄 It was actually a really good exercise! I have to go again tomorrow because I sucked at the bowling though 😂
    Name:  Day1_Exh_Nintendo_re.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  102.0 KB

Got some more photos to post later too - and more tomorrow! Let me know if you want to see photos or video of anything specific, can take a look! 😎
    Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 04-08-22 at 20:09.
  • 10 Replies

Level 5
    YOOOOOO

Getting an honorable mention in Finland! How cool is that😀

It looks amazing! Hope you have a wonderful time😺

And thank you for spreading the good word 💪
    Level 31
    Hello @Girls Legion!

I was also representing Lenovo on Assembly as Community Ambassador.

More honorable mentions are on their way as soon as I'd get my Assembly video done. Your presentation there represents all those values I'd personally, but also Lenovo, appreciate: equality, saying no for discrimination and knowing that we all do have a right to be who we are. I love what you stand for, what Lenovo stands for. Keep it up. 🤙

We also did meet FGF, standing for Female Gaming Finland, twice during Assembly. Their organisation members have joined this Forum as well as our Discord and we are planning a possible Skype, Zoom or Discord meeting soon. Would be AMAZING if you could somehow connect with them as you are both pushing female as well as other gender minorities rights in a gaming world.

If you are interested about meeting FGF, DM me for example and I will send them a word!
    Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
    Head of Community
    @Girls Legion Yeah it was awesome!! Just back from Helsinki now and catching up, will post some more photos from the rest of the event days soon. Together with @Liue we probably took 1 million photos. 😂 Hopefully we can meet up in some future event like this - that would be really cool 😎
    Level 31

If anyone wants to take a look. I am personally pretty proud about the part starting at 5:52 and lasting till the end. Share your opinions! @Girls Legion & @Saka @Gillander!
    Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
    Level 52
    It's a nice video, especially the last part is very tidy and neat. It's a bit of shame that you didn't have more footage showing the Assembly area, as there are some small tidbits that give the event its character: for example I found the stands with arcade game machines or ancient computers from pre-internet era really cool. There were also some amazing decorations some people set up at their desks; one really got imprinted in my memory. It was a disco-lights hattifattener in a boat with paddles with a lantern on a seawave made from a blue led chain. Really amazing. I really regret that I didn't take a picture of it.

Oh and a red croc on a kickbike being chased by a kid. It was ridiculous. 😂
    Level 4
    @Liue Thank you for mentioning our federation, im glad that we can plan co-operations in future. I also liked the video very much, you have catched that good mood everyone had in the event to the video ^^,
    This video had good cutting, speaker and the music in the background suited to it very good!

I Myself i didnt have quite much time to look around the event place tho our booth had so much action all the time, but at least i could watch it from video :P Really waiting for the assembly Winter also, maybe i'll catch a computer seat myself too :D
    Level 31
    Hi @Saka!

I actually do have a lot of more footage recorded from Assembly, but as I wanted to keep that video as short as possible, I only did use small amount of all the pictures and recordings I do have on my phone.

If you would like to, I could edit another video which would be much more longer with most - if not all - the footage I recorded on Assembly.

We actually did see Arcane Machines (and played them!) as well as computers from medieval era (:D) We do have pictures of those, I'll post them here soon!

Thank you so much @Gillander about the positive feedback!

Level 52
    Hi @Saka!

I actually do have a lot of more footage recorded from Assembly, but as I wanted to keep that video as short as possible, I only did use small amount of all the pictures and recordings I do have on my phone.

If you would like to, I could edit another video which would be much more longer with most - if not all - the footage I recorded on Assembly.

We actually did see Arcane Machines (and played them!) as well as computers from medieval era (:D) We do have pictures of those, I'll post them here soon!

Ooh, do upload the other footage! It doesn't need to be edited, raw would be fun to watch too. And pics!!! Regrettably I didn't take any proper pictures, was too distracted to think of those.
    Level 5
    Awesome job @Liue :D

Looks like we're one step closer towards our ultimate goal of world domination!

I didn't understand much of the Finnish being spoken, but the good vibes translate very well <3