Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 192

Magic: Legends - discussion
    13-03-21

Hey all,

I noticed @Mithmarr talking about Magic: Legends in his intro and since it's a game I'm also waiting, it would be nice to have a topic where we talk about it since the beta is coming on the 23rd of March.

On my side I've bought the Planeswalker pack (as it was 50% off so I thought why not).

Let's use this topic to talk about the game and share experience 😀​​​​​​​

Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 16-03-21 at 08:16.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 833
    Given: 726

14-03-21

I've just registered for the beta! 😎 Noticed the developer is the same one behind Neverwinter and Star Trek Online btw 🧐

Which class would you choose? 😄
    • Geomancer
    • Mind Mage
    • Beastcaller
    • Sanctifier
    • Necromancer
    Thumbs Up

14-03-21

Yeah it's made by Cryptic studios, I really liked their work on Neverwinter (which I'm playing a bit since the release of MOD20 a couple of weeks ago).

Any chance @Marion we can change the title of the thread to "Magic: Legends topic" (or something like that?)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 17

14-03-21

@Marion The classes look very well designed and very unique compared to a lot of other games. I can't make up my mind so I think I just have to play around and see which one I like 🙂 Have you guys decided on a class?
    Thumbs Up

14-03-21

Quote Originally Posted by Marion View Post
    Which class would you choose? 😄
    • Geomancer
    • Mind Mage
    • Beastcaller
    • Sanctifier
    • Necromancer

I really don't know yet, I haven't looked "enough" into the gameplay of each of them. But if I understand correctly, there is a key concept in the game about "Class switching" so you wouldn't want to pick a "permanent" class it seems (they are more like loadout I believe). Again I really haven't done much research about that game 😁
    Last edited by Elixor; 14-03-21 at 13:12.
    Thumbs Up

14-03-21

As we are getting closer to the open beta, I'm reading more about the game, and while I always thought about the game to be an MMO, the official website says:
    Embark on your journey solo or in a group, traversing the planes alone or with up to two other Planeswalkers.

What do you think it means, it that the size of groups/dungeons (3) or simply it's like Diablo 3, MMO where we all play together but each games would have limits to 3 players?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    Given: 37

14-03-21

I've been playing Magic for 20 years and I didn't know about this...
    I will give it a try, even though this is more LOL than Magic.

I still hope Wizards bring us a new version of Shandalar, that was a game I did enjoy a lot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	370
    Thumbs Up

14-03-21

@Elixor I think it's going to be something like Diablo 3 or Path of Exile
    Thumbs Up

14-03-21

I really hope it will be more like the MMO side of PoE but I think the system will be more like Diablo 3 👹
    Thumbs Up

15-03-21

Yeah, I guess we'll just have to wait a few more days and see. I'm guessing it won't be a game that I will be dedicating too much time too but looks like it might be good for a couple of hours here and there with a group of friends. Who knows :)