Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind to be released in October!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot It'd be interesting to have a film or a series focusing on those character histories. But this animation will focus on one single story and not sure how it fits the timeline, SubZero is sort of retired in there. Which is also good. Remains to be seen how well they do it in the end, but I like the voice cast, at least.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch here's a sneak peek of the series. They released an MK series back in 2011.

10-episode web series Not Movie. Webisode Series, which will focus on the story of the character Jax (Michael Jai White) The series will begin April 19th, the same day the video game is released. Confirmed on January 24, 2011 Mortal Kombat: Rebirth is a 2010 action short film directed by Kevin Tancharoen with fight choreography by Larnell Stovall .

Based on the Mortal Kombat series of fighting games, the short-film actually was made by the director to sell Warner Bros. on his vision for a reimagined Mortal Kombat film. The film follows Deacon City Police Captain Jackson Briggs as he informs assassin Hanzo Hasashi about the criminals Reptile and Baraka; the latter has recently killed actor-turned-undercover-officer Johnny Cage in a fight. Briggs believes they were both working for a man named Shang Tsung. He asks Hasashi to kill them in a mysterious tournament hosted by Tsung. When offered his freedom in exchange for accomplishing such tasks, Hasashi reveals that he willingly had himself incarcerated—and could free himself at any time. Then Sonya Blade arrives with a folder and informs Hasashi that his enemy Sub-Zero is alive and the one he killed was his older brother. It becomes clear to Hasashi that the terms of his participation in the tournament involve killing Reptile, Baraka and Shang Tsung in return for access to Sub-Zero. Since the real Sub-Zero will be at the tournament, Hasashi, now calling himself Scorpion, agrees to participate.

A Report says other characters appearing in the series include Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, Sub Zero, Durak, Kabal, Kitana, Mileena and Scorpion.

The series will be written by Kevin Tancharoen and Spartacus: Blood and Sand writers Todd Helbing and Aaron Helbing, with Tancharoen directing. Michael Jai White and Jeri Ryan will reprise their roles as Jax and Sonya Blade, respectively Cast: Michael Jai White as Jackson Briggs Jeri Ryan as Sonya Blade Matt Mullins as Johnny Cage Lateef Crowder as Alan Zane / Baraka Ian Anthony Dale as Hanzo Hasashi / Scorpion Richard Dorton as Reptile James Lew as Shang Tsung

Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I took a look, but is the game also this...dark...noir-ish? I do not know much about it, but I thought it was somewhat lighter in the overall mood? I mean, yes, there are some tragic events, but overall it has some whimsical aspects too? Or is it really this seriously grim?
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch the whole MK series is dark but over the years the creators of MK also took a different route. The games for instance only had Fatalities as finishing moves. Then they started adding animalities, babalities and friendships just to name a few. Some of the characters like Jonny Cage have a humorous side to them.

- - - Updated - - -

@DoctorEldritch the whole MK series is dark but over the years the creators of MK also took a different route. The games for instance only had Fatalities as finishing moves. Then they started adding animalities, babalities and friendships just to name a few. Some of the characters like Jonny Cage have a humorous side to them.

You'll love Jax lol!! take a look at his friendship in the vid!!
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Those are whimsical. Are those puns cannon and in character, or did they just think of something that would sort of fit each character without deeper meaning behind it?

Jax one is the best, true! Though Sheeva comes in second for me. What can I say, I am more into music than puns.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I think they just thought of things that would fit each character and there's not really a meaning behind it. To make things a bit more fun and instead of just eliminating another character they added the babalities and friendships just for the giggles!
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot It is interesting, though, that they do not seem to think too into it. Like Joker, there is potential for a lot more there, and funnier, too, but he only got a Batarang. Seems almost...lazy? Maybe it's just me, though, and after all those animations is not why you play MK?
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch yea I agree with you!! Mostly MK is about Fatalities and the brutal finishing moves. I play and follow MK for interest's sake. To see what they come up with next and to see how the style of the game improves. The graphics are getting better and better. Ed Boon mentioned in one interview the franchise wants to go as realistic as possible. In the end, the characters won't look animated anymore but like real people. Like watching real people competing with each other. I think it's a bit of a stretch. If they make MK too realistic there will be a lot of issues to deal with.

People will complain and cancel culture will make themselves heard. The game is already R rated.

I also enjoy the gameplay and MK is one of the best fighting style games out there. I just grew up with the game and keeps sticking with me just like Diablo!
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot There may be something to it if it is done well, I mean, Detroit: Become Human worked very well with realistic graphics, but it is a different genre. Martial arts are an interesting form with an element of visual beauty to it as well, so if they can capture the essence of it in those "real animations", then it'd be good. Though, how easy it is to do that is a different matter, the recent Shifu, for example, did not go for realistic animation, though they did use motion capture and studied real moves a lot.

With Mortal Kombat, there is a fantasy element involved, though. I would not want them to get rid of most of it just for the sake of being more real. But we'll see.

Interestingly, I do not really stick with the games I grew up with. I played Diablo or StarCraft as a kid, but I am not a fan of those now. goes to show how gaming habits may be different for everyone.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch just for interest sake, I found a vid on Youtube showing how they made the first MK. Real actors were used and I'm not sure about the rest.