Competition: 12 Weeks in Azeroth - Week 8 (26 Aug - 2 Sep)

Replies
    views
    Head of Community
    Hi everyone!

Last week's screenshot theme was "danger". Now it's time to see what the next theme is....

If you're new to the 12 Weeks in Azeroth competition, all the details are here. But to summarise - we're looking for screenshots from the game that somehow relate to the theme of the week. Anyone can participate for the fun of it, and as a plus, if your country of residence is in one of our Nordic countries (DK, FI, NO, SE) you also have a chance to win a 60-days game time code for World of Warcraft. 😍

Let's get straight into this week's theme...

Name:  Azeroth_Week8_Forum_re.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  96.8 KB

Theme for week 8:

The sky

Walk (or fly) around in Azeroth until you find something that could fit with the theme. Take a screenshot!

Here's what to do in order to participate in the competition:
    1. Login to World of Warcraft (it's free to play until level 20!)
    2. Look around for something you think fits with the theme "the sky"
    3. Snap a screenshot
    4. Post your screenshot as a reply to this thread before Friday 2 September at 14:00 CEST.

The winner will be picked randomly amongst all eligible entries to receive the game time code, after the window has closed. One code per winner. And don’t worry, if you don’t get a code this week, participate again next week because we'll do this every week until all 12 codes are gone!

Can't wait to see some lovely shots of the sky 😊
  • 8 Replies

Level 52
    I am still catching up with things after my hospital trip, but got some sky pictures to share!

Name:  ardenweald sky.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  89.0 KB

Name:  ardenweald sky 2.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  90.0 KB

Name:  ardenweald sky 3.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  87.3 KB

Name:  shadowmoon moon.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  75.9 KB
    Head of Community
    OMG I LOVE the one with the moon @Saka 😍🌕!!!! Is this Ardenweald, in Shadowlands?

Oh by the way that's the mount I always see some people hover around with and wish I had it too (the one in your 2nd and 3rd photos) - where does it drop from or is it something you buy, or maybe an achievement mount? 😄 Goals....
    Level 52
    OMG I LOVE the one with the moon @Saka 😍🌕!!!! Is this Ardenweald, in Shadowlands?

Oh by the way that's the mount I always see some people hover around with and wish I had it too (the one in your 2nd and 3rd photos) - where does it drop from or is it something you buy, or maybe an achievement mount? 😄 Goals....

Actually the last screenshot is a sneaky one - it's from the Shadowmoon Valley in Draenor. Before Ardenweald it was my favourite map for watching the sky.

The flying disc with fires is Tazavesh Gearglider https://www.wowhead.com/item=186637/...sh-gearglider# or Cartle Master's Gearglider https://www.wowhead.com/item=186638/...ers-gearglider . I don't remember which one I had in the screenshots, as I have both. The former is an achievement reward for doing hard mode of Tazavesh and the latter is a rare drop from the last boss or m+. It apparently can drop on heroic too.
    Head of Community
    Ok I have some work to do then if I'm going to get the glider(s), thanks for the info @Saka! And OMG yes, how did I not notice the last one was from Draenor - I was just there myself 😅

So yesterday when I was fishing in Draenor I really liked the super clear, blue sky and the vultures flying around. Summer is about to end soon and it's been more and more rainy and grey over here so looking at this view made me feel a bit happier. 😊
    Name:  TheSky2re.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  55.0 KB
    Level 1
    Name:  komeus.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  63.2 KB
    I mean you gotta have a tauren in the picture, whether it's about sky or food or gear....😊
    Head of Community
    @Raadokas Nice!!! 😄 Lovely shot of the colourful Outland skies, or hope I'm not wrong about the location? 😊 And the Tauren character looks awesome, happy to pose in the picture clearly 😄
    Level 1
    @MoriMoonpaw Hey thanks! 😁 I really didn't like playing Taurens first but the race just grew in me! They're so cool. And yes, Outland skies are the best!
    Tsädäm.
    Head of Community
    Alright guys, this week's theme is closed and the wheel of names has spoken! Who's going to get this week's 60-days free game time code for WoW?

It is.........

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	winner-wk8.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	9051
    @Raadokas! Congratulations! 😄😄😄 I'll drop you a DM very soon with your code!

Thanks for the lovely screenshots @Saka and @Raadokas and do check out the next theme as well - even if you got your game time codes already you're still welcome to share your awesome screenshots for the fun of it. + I wouldn't mind seeing some more of the Tauren around 😁

New theme is announced shortly btw so keep an eye out on the Events board - I've tweaked the schedule a bit so from today onwards the new themes are announced earlier in the afternoon rather than late Fri evenings. 👍