Join us in Wrath of the Lich King Classic #GameTogether (Fri 9 September)

Replies
    views
    Level 31
    Highlord Bolvar: ARTHAS! The blood of your father, of your people, demands JUSTICE! Come forth, coward, and answer for your crimes!

Arthas: You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave, and the true meaning... of FEAR!

Hi everyone!

We'll be playing World of Warcraft Classic (Wrath of the Lich King) on Friday 9th September.

If World of Warcraft is new game to you, you can read more about it here. Check WotLK webpage here: World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King® Classic™ (blizzard.com)

When do we meet?
    Friday 9th September at 18:00 CEST (that's 19:00 FI time, 18:00 DK/NO/SE time and 17:00 UK time).

Where?
    Most of us have just began their Classic journey, so it is not too late to join us! Blizzard has opened up two fresh EU realms in Classic: Giantstalker (Normal) and Thekal (PVP). Idea of fresh realms is that everyone will explore the game from the start, no character boosts or character transfers from other realms are possible. This is why this game night will be extremely interesting! Instead of running Dungeons or queuing Skirmish Battlegrounds on Retail filled by experienced players, we are going to group up and quest together on WotLK Classic fresh realm! You will also gain 50% more XP while playing there.

We will be playing Alliance on Giantstalker (Normal).

What do you need to join in?
    You will need an active subscription in World of Warcraft in order to be able to play WotLK Classic. Don't worry, as we do have screenshot competition for Nordic users going on here in the Forums! You can win 60 days of free gametime for World of Warcraft by just submitting a nice screenshot which fits the weekly theme. No one wins twice, so you got a real chance! You can take screenshots even as Free Trial Player on Retail, so go and create your Battle.net account asap. You are able to play free of charge up to level 20!

So get yourself in Azeroth and lets have some fun!

How to register to join?
    Just drop a reply in this topic to let us know you're interested. This is organised by the Nordic community, but the meetup will be in English so anyone is welcome to join regardless of country.

See you in Azeroth! Who's coming? Warcraft Legion, move out! 🙂

This is my personal favourite quote from Wrath of the Lich King. King Terenas: "My son. The day you were born, the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name, Arthas. My child. I watched you with pride, as you grew into a weapon. Of rightousness. Remember, our line has always ruled with wisdom, and strength. And I know that you will show restraint, when exercising your great power. But the truest victory, my son, is stirring the hearts of your people. I tell you this, for when my days have come to and end. You, shall be king."

Last edited by Liue; 01-09-22 at 10:06. Reason: Fixed some spelling mistakes
    Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
  • 8 Replies

Head of Community
    Hey @Liue WOW OK, I was just saying how I feel there's so much I need to do in Retail that I've been ignoring Classic so far (I've created one Night Elf there and done maybe 5 starting quests). You've just motivated me to get in there again - I'll make a Hunter I think (at least) on the server you mentioned so I can join next week! 👍

If anyone wants to find the screenshot competition Liue mentioned above btw, check the bottom section of the Events Calendar - the weekly competition threads are linked there every time one goes live on Fridays.

Can't wait to do some questing! 😎
    Head of Community
    Btw @Liue any thoughts on character creation for questing together, if I'm thinking correctly we should be in the same starting zone, so same race? So we can group up and do the quests together? 😊
    Level 31
    Btw @Liue any thoughts on character creation for questing together, if I'm thinking correctly we should be in the same starting zone, so same race? So we can group up and do the quests together? 😊

Being same race would be optimal, of course, but for sure not necessity! Even on Classic anyone can go anywhere, so it is not impossible to, lets say, be Draenei on Elwynn Forest, or Human on Azuremyst Isle. That actually happened during first two days of Giantstalker, as especially Human starter zone, Northshire Abbey, was completely filled by 100+ Humans (and I heard Teldrassil had 200+ Night Elves), so some people switched to Dun Morogh or Azuremyst Isle in order to be able to level up. We can do the same, it's no issue.

Yes, we will be leveling together! Create whatever you'd like the most, we won't make it to Deadmines (first dungeon) anyways, haha. 😅
    Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
    Head of Community
    Ok awesome - I'll create my character before the game night so I'll be ready. Not sure what race yet. At the moment I'm really liking the Night Elves, although it's been a while since I was a human so that's tempting too.
    Level 31
    Or you could always be.

Head of Community
    Thanks for alerting me to the mount opportunity @Liue - so instead of questing with level 1 Night Elf etc. we started going through the Death Knight starter quests in Classic (they start at lvl 55) because once we've done that, we'll get an awesome-looking mount for Retail!!

The Frostbrood Proto-Wyrm

To be honest, I'm only doing Death Knight for the mount - melee is not my thing especially in Classic 😂 One day I might do Death Knight properly though, but in Retail.
    Level 31
    You are welcome, @MoriMoonpaw! Did you get your mount already?

Head of Community
    @Liue Not yet, still a few more quests to finish. Yours looks goooood 👍 How long did it take in the end for you?