Games for Actual Learning

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

Continuing with the theme of education, I wanted to talk about games that were actually designed to be educational. Of course, many of you will know that games started as education programs in their infancy, since evolved heavily into entertainment.

But there are still games that are "close to roots" and are actually made with education in mind. I thought it'd be nice to collect them a bit, after all, it is never too late to learn something new, and if you have to play a game to do it, well, so be it!

So far, though, only 2 games came to my mind. The first one is not exactly a game, even, but a mode from the latest Assassins's Creed games, Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla. In all three Ubisoft included a "Discovery Tour" option for learning, sort of re-purposing the world they built for the game itself. Looks neat, like this:

Lets hope that Ubisoft will keep making those in future AC games.

But it is not really a proper games, more of an "addition" or "mode", though I hear you can get those as standalone now, too. But earlier this month, a more education-focused game came out: MythBusters, based on a famous show. Check it out:

The whole game invites you to conduct all sorts of experiments, the trademark of the show! So not only you get to do some crazy stuff and bust some myths, but also learn physics and chemistry and ballistics and other things by doing it.

But those are the only options that came to my mind. Maybe someone here knows other games that were made to learn something?
  • 2 Replies

Level 45
    @DoctorEldritch
    It was a nice topic and I wanted to add Roblox and Minecraft as education games
    Which you can let your kids open they fantasy or learn basics of coding @AviationGamerX what do you think 😄 about study coding in Roblox
    If you hit a wall, hit it hard
    Level 48
    Limbo, Inside, Valiant Hearts and other platformer puzzle based games they can put your mind into a real problem solving test...these games don't miss around..you can improve patience and critical thinking by playing them
    Hardly Adapting...Barely Surviving