MMORPG Megathread

  • No Tags
View Tag Cloud
  • Elixor's Avatar
    Level 17
    Welcome @Raine !

    I've never played RuneScape on my side, never really been attracked to the game and that's one of the few MMOs I haven't tried though. I keep having it recommended in my Steam list though 😂
    Last edited by Elixor; 19-03-21 at 17:36.
  • Raine's Avatar
    Level 9
    @Elixor

    Didn't realise it was on Steam, I always played it on web browser and mobile more recently. The coder in my game team was the lead coder on it for like 8 years. Still has nightmares, allegedly.
  • Frogprince's Avatar
    Level 3
    Hello... is there anyone playing Final Fantasy XIV here?
    I just started playing in JP data center, would love to play with anyone with same timezone.
  • MoriMoonpaw's Avatar
    Head of Community
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogprince View Post
    Hello... is there anyone playing Final Fantasy XIV here?
    I just started playing in JP data center, would love to play with anyone with same timezone.

    Hey @Frogprince I've played FFXIV a few of years ago and apparently since then it's got some new cool stuff so I'm looking forward to getting back into it sometime soon. :) Although as I'm in the UK the timezone would be way different to yours 😅
    What race and class do you play?
    Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 28-03-21 at 08:37.
    ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​☕ Hi I'm Marion and I'm part of the Legion Community Team!
  • Elixor's Avatar
    Level 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogprince View Post
    Hello... is there anyone playing Final Fantasy XIV here?
    I just started playing in JP data center, would love to play with anyone with same timezone.

    Amazing game FFXIV, I have only played the "story" part of the MMO.

    Is the input lag not too much of an issue on the JP data centre @Frogprince?
  • Frogprince's Avatar
    Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Marion View Post
    Hey @Frogprince I've played FFXIV a few of years ago and apparently since then it's got some new cool stuff so I'm looking forward to getting back into it sometime soon. :) Although as I'm in the UK the timezone would be way different to yours 😅
    What race and class do you play?
    too bad that we are on different time zone. i'm trying to level my classes evenly but i enjoy playing as a tank lala, and the duty finder is much faster. lol

    - - - Updated - - -


    Quote Originally Posted by Elixor View Post
    Amazing game FFXIV, I have only played the "story" part of the MMO.

    Is the input lag not too much of an issue on the JP data centre @Frogprince?
    it's still acceptable i guess, i tank so i hardly died in any dungeon, leave the hard work to healer lol.
  • Sracs's Avatar
    Level 1
    WoW player here. Currently on EU servers Chamber Of Aspects.
    Currently Lvling resto Shaman (Fuzzysplash).
    If anyone wants a lvling buddy or a mythic dungeon group drop me a whisper.

    Rockinlok (main).
    ​​​​​​​Fuzzysplash (active alt)


    For The Horde.
  • MoriMoonpaw's Avatar
    Head of Community
    Quote Originally Posted by Sracs View Post
    WoW player here. Currently on EU servers Chamber Of Aspects.
    Currently Lvling resto Shaman (Fuzzysplash).
    If anyone wants a lvling buddy or a mythic dungeon group drop me a whisper.

    Rockinlok (main).
    ​​​​​​​Fuzzysplash (active alt)


    For The Horde.

    FOR THE HOOOOOORDE!
    (I do play Alliance as well sometimes so I can get both sides of the story and quests) 😄

    Check out this topic - we've set up a community Battle.net group recently in case you'd like to join! So far only have a few in but hoping it might grow in time. I'm currently trying to solo Legion mythic raids (I think they're level 45) and got absolutely wrecked in Nighthold by the first scorpion so could use some help. (Level 58 Affliction Warlock) 😅
    ​​​​​​​
  • francisbaud's Avatar
    Well Amazon's Lord of the Rings MMO has just been canceled. That was one out of 3 mainstream AAA MMORPG being developed in the west (along with Riot's LoL MMO and New World). Hopefully there's no more cancelations... The west was the pioneer of the MMORPG genre and it'S a shame all the major MMOs come from Asia nowadays.

    I'm also following Camelot Unchained, Pantheon and Ashes of Creation (as well as Crowfall, Dual Universe, Star Citizen, Mortal Online 2, and a few other indie MMOs). Maybe independent studios will save the genre in the West!
  • Elixor's Avatar
    Level 17
    Oh no, I was really excited for the new Lord of the Rings MMO ! I've actually been replaying the original LOTRO (very casually)

    Thanks for the news @francisbaud though! Did you read any good article about it or just that it was cancelled?