MMORPG Megathread

Replies
    views
    Level 3
    Hey, @Elixor had a good idea to start an MMORPG thread to discuss new and old MMOs.

There are a few on the horizon that look quite promising.

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen if you like old-school MMOs like Everquest.

Ashes of Creation is probably one of the most hyped ones at the moment. Alpha is coming in June.

Camelot: Unchained from some of the people behind Dark Age of Camelot.

Expansions for The Elder Scrolls Online and Final Fantasy XIV are also dropping this year, along with The Burning Crusade for WoW Classic. I'll probably give all of these a go so let me know if you want to group up 😀
  • 35 Replies

Level 29
    Awesome and thanks @Mithmarr!

I agree on Ashes of Creation, I've been following this game for so long (since the kickstarter in 2017). I've been tempted by the Alpha packs for quite a while too, but I feel they are still too expensive to get into.

For Camelot Unchained, I'm not too sure, I'm always worry that the dev team is building a game for themselves (which is great they have passion) but I don't know if it will even be anything more than them excitingly building technology and game rules. (I hope I'm wrong though)

Next big one obviously would be New World, if it even get release 🤣
    Level 3
    Yeah, I've been following Ashes of Creation for a bit as well. More now lately that they have been putting out some good gameplay videos. I'm definitely waiting about before committing to buying a pack, at least until after the alpha one test in June.

I definitely see your point about Camelot Unchained. It's hard to get too excited about the game. One problem I have with them is that all the content they release like newsletters and developer updates are very technical and poorly formatted, it's like trying to read patch notes.

On New World all I can say is that I don't have very much faith in Amazon Game Studios, but you never know :)
    Level 29
    all the content they release like newsletters and developer updates are very technical and poorly formatted

I know! I was looking at a test phase and even the document to participate felt way too technical 😁
    Last edited by Aure; 15-03-21 at 22:16.
    Level 3
    @Aure haha yeah, that just sounds like a hassle 😁
    Level 29
    I really would like to help them out though, but always too much of a threshold to join (Edit: Connected with my admin account instead of Elixor sorry😎)
    Level 29
    There is also Bless Unleashed coming to PC. I did the beta last month and I was surprisingly impressed (I played Bless Online when it launched and I expected the worst haha)

I know it's out of console for a while now, but I think I'll jump in to try it out when it comes out on PC. They've only said 2021 for the launch so far.

Head of Community
    Great thread guys! I've added all of the games mentioned to my watchlist. 🤩
    What specifically impressed you @Elixor about Bless Unleashed? Gameplay? Visuals? Story?
    Level 29
    Back in... 2015 I think, I played Bless Online which was, let's say a disaster 😂 And since I didn't expect much from Bless Unleashed, I was impressed by its gameplay, it's quite nervous (not as much as Black Desert Online though), graphically the game is pretty impressive to!

I have a few friends that will be playing on PC as well, so that helps to get into an MMO.

You mentioned watchlist @Marion, here is my current steam wishlist, would be nice to have a thread "Share your Steam wishlist" 😂
    Level 29
    Looks like we're going to know much more on Ashes of Creation from the 1st of June when the Alpha 1 starts (there seems to also be a 1 week preview on the 14th of May that as well)

Last edited by Elixor; 16-03-21 at 19:47.