What is the best monitor for gaming?

Replies
    views
    Level 48
    I'd always choose a non-curved monitor😂
    Hardly Adapting...Barely Surviving
    Level 3
    What IF you get suitable laptop in the price of gaming monitor?
    Community Manager
    I'd always choose a non-curved monitor😂

And why is that? I heard they are better for shooters, I do not really do lots of those, but I know no more than that. What is your beef with curved?
    Community Manager
    What IF you get suitable laptop in the price of gaming monitor?

Thank you for the advice, but I already have a suitable laptop 😄. Me wanting a monitor is specifically for the reason that I want to experience games on a bigger screen, something that most laptops can't really provide unless they are very big, which comes with its own set of challenges.
    Level 48
    I don't like how they look or how they feel...I believe that curved monitors one of few things that I'll never take in my consideration
    Hardly Adapting...Barely Surviving
    Community Manager
    @M2lobaz So, they are a bit like licorice candy then? 😉
    Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 Thank you for the reply, and no worries: although it is, like you said, a Lenovo Legion community, we're more about gaming and spending time together than products and, of course, you do not have to be a Legion/Lenovo device user to join in. So no problem at all if you want to recommend other devices or brands!

And no need to apologize for the long block either, it has some good advice! I did look through the link you gave, Dell seems to be a decent choice, and I saw some good reviews about it on other sites as well, especially if we eliminate the curved options as @M2lobaz suggested.

I do not play competitive shooters all that much, but my card is RTX 3060, so I guess I can go as high as 1440p? But as for the panel, here I have no technical know-how at all, so most of what you said about it sounded like a foreign language to me 😉. I'll need to google all those terms to educate myself, so thank you for the hints!

As for the size, I am using a EZ Desk. It is adjustable and can move up and down so I could work/game while standing. Better for my back. The desk is reasonably big (140x60cm), so I want to say it can work for bigger monitors if I need it to. But, as @JokerZida said, it may be worth it to look into materials, I need it to be sturdy for the desk that can move up and down, who knows what could happen. Though the desk is near the wall and does not move too fast, but if wires get tangled or something. The monitor is unlikely to fall all the way on the floor, but still would be good for it to be sturdy and well-balanced. Or I could invest in one of those monitor holders that get attached to the table itself.

As for what I am aiming for, well, as I mentioned, no competitive shooters or MMORPGs, not really my thing, I only ever do those with friends here. But I like regular high-end RPGs, so something that could run games like the latest Assassin's Creed or Yakuza or the upcoming Ghost of Tsushima beautifully and speedily would be the mark I am aiming for.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I'm not a big fan of curved monitors either, but for a different reason. I use my computer for almost everything, including work. And whether it's Photoshop or Excel straight lines on those monitors aren't straight obviously, and also I have a source of light behind me which means with the curved monitors, depending on how I'm sitting, I'll end up with reflects on the beginning of the curvature. Not to mention that it is useless on monitors under 34" the real strength of a cruved monitor is on ultra-wide monitors.

With an RTX 3060 if you value each and every frame I'll recommend to stick to 1080p, but if you're OK to lose some frames for a sharper image you can go for a 1440p monitor.
    As an example to illustrate this, if I take a look at TechSpot's RTX 3060 review I can see that (the terribly optimized) on AC Valhalla it reaches 63 fps in 1080p ultra-high quality and 50 fps in 1440p ultra-high quality. Of course, if you activate DLSS (if it's compatible) or if you go a little bit lower, let's say high quality, you might gain some fps, so there is a choice to be made.

About the size for 1080p the "sweet spot" is a 24" monitors with a max of 27" , above this is counterproductive because the pixels are bigger and more visible, unless you're far from the monitor of course. For 1440p the "sweet spot" is 27" monitors with a max of 32" for the same reasons.

As for the go-to brands for me and my use case, I always check the gaming branches of LG, Dell/Alienware and Asus and always end up with an LG monitor. Of course, there are good models on other brands like ViewSonic.
    I recently recommended an LG 27GP850-B to a member and friend of the discord (Shanks) he went for the 32" version and seemed to be really pleased by this monitor and if I remember correctly he has the mobile version of the 3060 or 3060 Ti so you might want to ask him how things reacts and acts 😁
    Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 Oh, thank you for the advice, I'll tag him here! @ninja3020luffy, any advice, how is your new monitor treating you?
    Level 12
    @DoctorEldritch hello there, (LG UltraGear 32GP850-B Gaming Monitor, 32 inch, QHD 2560 x 1440)

without making you bored of my writing and not making it long, I first made the decision after i have seen absolute machine of a monitor that Samsung made 😄 which they also claimed to be the first ever 55 inches curved monitor, Knowing that i can't afford it 😣. I searched for curved monitors which my choice of brand was MSI, Then I talked with my friend @GoLLuM13 (true expert btw 😜) He guided me from curved to LG as he mentioned in details i took his advice to heart and went with 32 inches which he was totally against 😂. the reason for that is, I was looking mainly for a big monitor for playing games like casually am not a heavily FPS games player, I played forza horizon 5, spiderman, hellblade, cyberpunk 2077 and many more all of them by ulter settings all looked amazing especially forza I wish I could have taken photo but my phone have bad quality camera after gaming i wanted something i can do work on and also to watch movies and maybe if i get a console to hook it up. so I went with 2k 32 inches i would love to have bought 4k but i have a mere rtx 3060 which is no brainer.

Inconclusion if you are like me casual and have a good desk that can fit both your laptop and a 32 inch monitor plus a room for more then go for the one i bought u won't regret at least i didn't and also gollum is here to answer any questions u have guaranteed😂🤣

To give you an idea here are some bad pics i took😜
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2022-10-04 at 6.22.47 AM.jpeg
Views: 71
Size:  97.3 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2022-10-04 at 6.23.31 AM.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  83.9 KB
    my setup is incomplete, wires are everywhere lol so that is my experience but am no expert
    It's shanks ✌