Lenovo Legion Pro 2023 - worth the wait?

Replies
    views
    Level 1
    I'm eyeing the 2021 variant (5600h + 3050) 1100€.
    Also considering saving up for 2022 variant (6600H + 3070) 2100€.
    But maybe I should wait for 7600H + 4060/4070?
    Thoughts? I'm tired of thinking.
    I know I want the Pro though, because of the 16:10 screen.
  • 4 Replies

Community Manager
    They get better the higher you go, so, I guess, as @DracoTarot mentioned in my post about gaming monitors, it comes down to budget somewhat. What sorts of games do you want to play?
    Level 52
    Hello @Kristijonas I understand you, you think a lot about this and in the end you have a headache more than anything 😂

If you really need the gaming laptop you should buy it now and get what you already can. If you can wait it means there is no emergency, and as you probably know it's always better to wait for the newer and more powerful model but ... 4060 and 4070 haven't been announced for desktop yet, let alone laptops, so we don't know how much waiting we're talking about, October ? December ? February ? And also, we don't know how much it will cost too, so there is a little bit of gambling here 😜 It can be expensive (or not) and what will be older models could be cheaper (or not)
    So if you can wait and potentially spend an extra for all the bells and whistles coming with newer models so do this and wait. If not you should stick to current models 😉
    Level 1
    Thanks for the replies! So it seems there is no easy answer.
    The games i play are for the most part, easy to run, as I mostly play heavily modded old games. So far my 4600H+1650 has been enough!
    However, would like my next PC to be a little more future proof. I guess I'll either buy the 1100€ one, or wait for the nextgen CPU+GPU, somewhere around 2022 Q4 or 2023 Q1.
    I have this weird thing where I get satisfaction out of owning the latest tech alone, so would really be nice to get the latest. :D But 5600H+3050 in the nice legion pro build also sounds very neat and affordable.
    Level 52
    @Kristijonas "I have this weird thing where I get satisfaction out of owning the latest tech alone, so would really be nice to get the latest."
    I know this feeling 😁 but honestly if your 4600H + 1650 is already enough you should wait until the new things come out. If you can afford it, well you know what to do, and if the older ones are still available they'll probably be cheaper because they'll want to clear the inventory to make room for the new products 👀