Getting the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate cheaper

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    Hello,
    Before we begin and for convenience, we'll often abbreviate "Xbox Live Gold" to "Gold", "Game Pass" to GP, and "Game Pass Ultimate" to "GPU".

So I'm going to show you a trick to pay your GP or GPU subscription cheaper. This is a method I had seen before on several websites (but I wasn't interested in GP and all) and recently @Valiguard reminded me of it when my subscription expired.
    By the way, the trick is very simple (apart from a few subtleties) you just need to buy months of Gold which you convert into GP or GPU. Let's do a quick math, one month of Gold costs €6.99, one month of GP costs €9.99 and one month of GPU costs €12.99.
    Which would mean that a year of GPU costs €155.88 and a year of GP costs €119.88.
    But with this method, one year of GPU will cost 89.98€ (-65.9€) and one year of GP will cost 86.98€ (-32.9€). And you can pay even less thanks to so-called "grey market" (nothing illegal here) sites such as ENEBA or Instant-Gaming (to name only these two), where there are often promotions on cards that already cost less, sometimes, you can even make a deal through cards from foreign stores (Turkey, Brazil...). With these sites, 13 months of GPU will cost you ~€60 in normal times and ~€86 for 3 years of GPU during promotions.

First, I will explain to you, in summary, the (very simple) operation :
    Just buy months of Xbox Live Gold, where you want (Xbox site, physical store or e-store), as much as you want (with a condition that we'll see below) and in the form you want (code by mail, scratch card...) and convert them by buying after that a month of GP or GPU, after which the conversion ratio will be 1:1 or 1 month of Gold = 1 month of GP.

However, there are conditions (and tips) to be aware of:
    • You absolutely must not have an active GP or GPU subscription, otherwise the conversion ratio will be different and lower, for example, with a 3 months Gold card, instead of having a 1:1 ratio, the 3 months Gold will be worth 50 days of TPU. If your GP subscription is active, either you buy cards and use them after your GP or GPU subscription expires, or you just buy after your GP or GPU subscription expires.
    • Do not mix offers/cards from different stores (countries), for example, if you buy Turkish Xbox Live Gold cards, you will need to buy a Turkish GP or GPU card as well. This will save you a lot of hassle with customer service.
    • If you buy cards from a foreign store, be sure to use a VPN when inserting the codes to simulate your presence in this same place. So if, for example, you buy Brazilian cards, make sure your VPN has servers in Brazil.
    • If you have not benefited from the free month(s) at €1, you can use the discovery offer to convert the Gold months into GP or GPU.
    • Xbox Live Gold (Global) 3-months (and longer) cards often grant an additional month for free if you turn on auto-renewal (which you can, and I recommend turning off at the end of the operation). For example, if you buy the equivalent of 9 months of Gold with 3 months cards (i.e. 3 cards) you will have 3 months of bonus, which means that you will end up with 12 months of Gold.
    • When converting your Gold months to GP or GPU, that month is added to the Gold months, i.e. if you have 12 months of Gold, when converting (adding 1 GPU month) you will have 13 months of GPU (12+1).
    • Note that it is not possible to accumulate and convert more than 36 months of Gold (so do your calculations well). This also means that if you use the automatic renewal method, you will have to deactivate it on the last card (in other words, on the 9th 3-months card).
    • Note that you will be asked for a payment method whether you enable auto-renewal or not. You can and should remove it at the end of this operation.
    • Note that if you have already used this trick and your subscription has come to an end, you can of course renew the experience.

Explanation in detail now that we know the conditions:
    • Buy your Gold subscription codes wherever you want and as much as you want (subject to the conditions above)
    • If you opt for the purchase directly on the Xbox site, it is at this address.
    • If you purchased cards/codes, which I recommend, to save money, go to this page to redeem your codes while accepting auto-renewal to get the free month.
    • Renew the previous step as many times as you have codes for the Gold (moreover, it is useless to deactivate the renewal each time).
    • If you have taken 9 cards of 3 months of Gold (or other equivalent whose accumulation with the bonuses will make 36 months), and only in this case, when you put the code for the last card, disable the automatic renewal, if this is not your case (less than 36 months) go to the next step.
    • Now that you have all your months of Gold, convert them into GP or GPU, for this you have two options:
    • Either by buying a month of GP directly from Xbox at this address or one month of GPU at this address.
    • Or if you have a code, go to this page and put your code there.
    • Congratulations, you have succeeded.

Now it would be time to clean up before starting to play:
    • First, disable automatic renewal on this page.
    • Finally, remove your payment method by going to this page.

I have personally used this method. I bought Gold (Global) cards from ENEBA then converted them to GPUs with the €1 offer.

PS: message for posteriority, the tip will work as long as Microsoft doesn't change their policy on this, as of this writing and posting it still works.
    PPS: I originally posted this on the French community, where I used the links for the French version of Xbox site. The English community is a larger one, so I used the "en-US" links for Xbox, you might want to change the location, so it corresponds to your location.
  • 8 Replies

Level 12
    @GoLLuM13 hmmm interesting this would really save a lot but all my accounts are based on Turkey so i get the cheapest in everything, for an example my GPU is 2.43 USD per month, I also had EA Pro and Ubisoft they are also very cheap but i canceled them for now.

And biggest of them all is steam, the crazy thing is that when a game in the Netherlands costs 60 Euros i can buy it in under 15 Euros and if it becomes on sale we can say that game is almost free, for instant Cyberpunk 2077 on steam is 60 Euros and they were on sale in the Friday and I bought it in 6 Euros 🤯 so yeah thanks to that I have bought a lot of games.

But thanks for this info will be using it when my sup ends lol
    It's shanks ✌
    Level 52
    @ninja3020luffy I'll need to know more about your methods (EA Pro, Ubisoft and even GPU), it can be interesting 👀

About Steam I avoid using too much VPN to buy games, sometimes they act like ... you know what (I'm talking about Steam)
    Level 52
    Thanks
    Also, the Legion community offer a free Xbox Game Pass
    @QueenTomato
    https://gaming.lenovo.com/emea/threads/3543#
    We are the new LEGENDS. This is New Age
    Level 52
    @JokerZida indeed there's that too, and if I'm not mistaken you can also use one of these codes to convert Gold to GP 😉
    Level 48
    Interesting, how much time was invested in this process, a good call tbh thanks for sharing.
    Hardly Adapting...Barely Surviving
    Level 52
    @M2lobaz you're welcome, I don't know exactly how much to write it in French translate it in English and readjust it in both language (corrections ... etc) 30 minutes to an hour maybe the most time-consuming was to look for the different information, websites ... etc it took me several hours. But the most important is to think about writing it 🤣
    Level 22
    Dude you've no idea how thankful I am to this amazing post of yours! Thank you so much for the brilliant write up😁Bookmarked!
    Level 52
    @ZaidH Happy to help you Brook 😁