Which web browser do you use ?

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    Hello everyone,

Right now (like once in a while), I'm testing browsers to see if there's anything better than what I'm using, and possibly make a permanent transition. That's how I went from IE to Netscape back in the days, then back to IE, to go to Firefox then... well the story is long and uninteresting 🤣

That's when the idea for this topic came up. What is your main internet browser (on computer)?
  • 12 Replies

Level 52
    @GoLLuM13 I personally use Both Chrome and EDGE for Pc. Chrome stores all my cookies for my work and from the start I've had shortcuts set up making it easier to jump from one page to another.

EDGE is mainly used for browsing and downloads.

On my mobile, I use only one browser. DUCK DUCK GO. it's my ultimate favourite.
    Level 52
    Right now I mainly use Chrome because it's the one that suits me the most, but I also use Edge (Chromium) and Firefox (depending on what I'm doing).

I wanted to do a transition to Firefox, there were some extensions that were missing, I still managed to find alternatives, but the lack of Group Tabs like on Chrome was a dealbreaker for me, I use them too much to abandon them, and all the extensions that I tried to mimic it weren't even close. So I'll use it as before for occasional activities, testing a project/website, sometimes download or connect to secondary accounts.

Tried for like 3 days Brave saw the words wallet and Ethereum a little bit too much, I uninstalled it 👀

I'll probably give a (new) try to, Vivaldi and Opera GX.

What I'm sure about right now, is that my story will end on a Chromium-based web browser and most probably Chrome or maybe Edge (Chromium) 🤣
    Level 52
    I use Firefox, because I want non-Chromium browsers to still exist. Sometimes a random website gets buggy on Firefox, then I switch to Brave to get stuff done in there, then back to Firefox.

Especially on Linux the Firefox is a godsend, I haven't managed to replicate the functionality reliably on Windows unfortunately yet. Basically I can monitor the audio output and forward it to a transcribing/notemaking tool. By default the application is meant to be used with a phone, using the phone microphone to capture conversations. That's not so great for audio that is played from the computer. But when used the way I do it, it's actually amazing.
    Level 12
    @GoLLuM13 chrome chrome chrome don't we all love how it eats our ram, ever since chrome came to life back in 2008 i fell in love with it and abandoned Firefox (i don't even remember how it looks now 😂 ) , I like every features of chrome but the way it takes too much ram when i am multitasking and using every bit my ram annoyed me, that is when I semi-transitioned Opera GX Browser I would say i use it 80% now I go back to chrome when i need it so yeah.

The only browser that i couldn't use was the Edge and still don't like it.
    It's shanks ✌
    Level 52
    Edge number 1 👌✌️
    We are the new LEGENDS. This is New Age
    Level 52
    I use Google Chrome 95% of the time! I think it's because I got used to it too and I prefer its aesthetics over other web browsers lol BUT I've heard about Opera GX from members here in the community and I will try using it as well - will let you know if my answer to this changes!
    My farewell mesage 🌟: in English - in Arabic
    Your new MEA Community Manager is @UnapologeticDino!
    Level 52
    I've tried Opera GX yesterday it's a wonderful browser, I remember that I liked it before and stopped using it because a crucial option (at least for me) was missing, and I saw that it's still missing after all these years. I'm talking about the extensions' synchronization, whether between multiple PCs or for a new installation. I have too many to install them each time and/or on each PC
    Level 52
    Firefox has that synchronization! It's pretty handy.
    Level 48
    Chrome whole time I can't just leave my cookies, extensions, passwords and other websites settings, I got really used to it.
    Hardly Adapting...Barely Surviving