The Game Awards 2022 : the nominees

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    The Game Awards 2022 will take place on December 8, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. (GMT+1) and in the meantime, you can vote for the titles that you liked the most during this year 2022, or just discover the nominees, it's happening > > here <<

For the GOTY (Game Of The Year) the 6 nominees are:
    1. A Plague Tale: Requiem
    2. Elden Ring
    3. God of War: Ragnarök
    4. Horizon Forbidden West
    5. Stray
    6. Xenoblade Chronicles 3

You already know what I voted for in this category, it's your turn to vote for your favorite game in the different categories 😁

Which game do you think will be the GOTY 2022 ?

Last edited by GoLLuM13; 15-11-22 at 09:53.
  • 11 Replies

Level 31
    I don't like the nominees, tbh. Elden Ring, maybe, has the most potential considering how big hype it got, but I would not consider it best game of the year. God of War: Ragnarök is also another one with HUGE hype and apparently is available for both PS4 and PS5 now, but does something which just came out deserve such a prize for being a game of the year? I don't know.

If it does, why World of Warcraft: Dragonflight isn't there? It will be out in 12 days.
    Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
    Level 52
    @Liue God of War Ragnarök is already out, and we can put our hands on it, some people (especially members of the press, who are part of the jury) already finished it, and most of them had their jaw dislocated because they were amazed with the experience they lived. One of them even asked is this the first AAAA game ?
    WoW: Dragonflight isn't out yet and the nominees list is ready, and the votes will probably be closed by then anyway, this is why it can't be a nominee in any category for this year, same thing for the game "The Callisto Project". But they can pretend to be on the list for next year, probably against the new Zelda Tears of The Kingdom
    Level 22
    Look at our little kitty up there with all the big shots🥹

Although my personal GOTY pick (so far) is Elden Ring, I do wish that indie games like Stray could actually win over the other AAA titles (AAAA in Ragnarok's case 🫣). Stray accomplished so much with such a small team😁

@GoLLuM13 I missed seeing your GOTY pick😭Is it Plague Tale?
    Last edited by ZaidH; 15-11-22 at 11:02. Reason: Spacing
    Level 52
    @ZaidH Totally agree with you even if a game doesn't win or isn't even nominated for the GOTY, it doesn't mean it's a bad game and I hope games like A Plague Tale and Stray win prices on other categories too
    And to answer your last question, the big match for GOTY is between Elden Ring and God of War Ragnarök, I'm on the God of War side 😜
    Level 22
    Agreed 100%. Just being on the nomination list is a massive win for Stray 😄

Oooh that means Ragnarok is really as good as everyone's saying 👀 I just started playing it yesterday, and BOY did the first hour impress big time. Yet to see if it lives up to that AAAA title praise though😁
    Level 52
    I think it'd be nice if Stray won, but agree that it being nominated is already a win. It is more impressive when the developers don't have a massive budget to burn.

WoW: Dragonflight isn't the only game that is coming out late November or in December. For example there's Warhammer 40,000: Darktide on 30th November ... I guess if there's anything that delivers, then it could appear in the next year's edition.

And uh, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII remake in December. Hype. I never got to play the original because it was on PSP.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Level 48
    Elden Ring is my choice
    Hardly Adapting...Barely Surviving
    Level 20
    I'd like to see STRAY game be the winner although it's difficult but I wanted a little bit change as this game is a different type
    Never too late to change
    Level 27
    I don't think GOW ragnarok will leave a place for another game
    A strong man is Strongest alone