What are your Black Friday plans?

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    Rather unexpectedly I ended up buying a couple of Moomin mugs and four small bowls. I planned on buying the bowls at some point, because the ones I have atm are very battered cheap IKEA ones (and only 3 remaining from the original 4). Walked into a really good sale. Now just my wallet is mourning.

The mugs:
    Name:  1064304_iittalaemea_03_moomin_by_arabia_moomin-mug-04l-green.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  41.8 KB

Name:  resource_iittalaemea_1064304.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  42.8 KB

Name:  1064305_iittalaemea_03_moomin_by_arabia_moomin-mug-04l-rose.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  28.9 KB

Name:  resource_iittalaemea_1064305.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  31.1 KB
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka Those are adorable! I must admit, I never read any Moomin books as a kid, something I probably should catch up on, seeing how popular they are.

And don't be too mournful, it is a matter of perspective. A package with a multicooker I bought got lost in transit, and they can't send a new one because they've all been bought up. So getting items you paid for is a cause for celebration, not mourning. You could have ended up like me 😅
    Community Manager
    Seems like I'll get my multicooker after all. There were none available yesterday, but there is one today, so I arranged for a replacement. Now I'm hoping this one makes it to me and does not get lost like it's predecessor.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Looks like we are having the same experience. I have two parcels lost. I confirmed with the sender the parcels are untraceable and already signed off. It's always the same company that seems to either misplace or just take parcels for themselves. Not gonna mention names here but as a hint, the courier name ends with NL. Through them, I lost 3 in total since last year.

- - - Updated - - -
    @DoctorEldritch Hopefully you'll receive your multicooker. The best is to track the parcel each day with an online tracker. I am constantly checking mine to make sure no one does free Xmas shopping.😁

- - - Updated - - -
    @Saka The Moomin cups are awesome!! I remember watching the episodes after school before starting my homework. It was a really long time ago.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot If that delivery service is so bad, why keep using it? Do they have a monopoly?

This time it should be better. My first multicooker the seller delegated to deliver to some other service. This time, they are using their own carrier. So it is more easily trackable.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I'm asking the same questions. If they have so many complaints about a certain delivery service why do they still engage with them? Sometimes I even wonder if the product was really sent. Most are giveaways for new products. People would be chosen as testers and notified a parcel is on the way, I received many before. In total, I got 48 since last year. Three disappeared. They were the most expensive ones. I hate it when I don't have a tracking number and if a company doesn't want to supply one, I see question marks and doubt sets in.

I'm sure you will be cooking in no time and making exquisite meals.

- - - Updated - - -

@DoctorEldritch I'm asking the same questions. If they have so many complaints about a certain delivery service why do they still engage with them? Sometimes I even wonder if the product was really sent. Most are giveaways for new products. People would be chosen as testers and notified a parcel is on the way, I received many before. In total, I got 48 since last year. Three disappeared. They were the most expensive ones. I hate it when I don't have a tracking number and if a company doesn't want to supply one, I see question marks and doubt sets in.

I'm sure you will be cooking in no time and making exquisite meals.

Some parcels are the same as the elusive Cup! No one knows where it is 😂
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot 3 out of 48 may not seem like much, but it really is a disturbing percentage for a delivery company. Do they at least say they're sorry (and not in a corporate way)?

My meals are not that exquisite, I am afraid, but I am hoping to try new things with it when it arrives.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch none is supposed to get lost or taken. This specific courier has a very bad reputation and no they will not apologize. They will just send an automated message when enquiring about a missing parcel asking for the trace number then you'll wait for a week or more with no response.

Then the back and forth starts with everyone investigating. A few days later another message will be in your inbox stating "unfortunately the parcel is lost and untraceable. Please contact the sender."

No sorry for the inconvenience or we apologize. It all ends there. They will not respond to any other messages. Accept and move on. Not our problem.

I guarantee you are a far better cook than me. I throw things in a pot and add spices hoping it would taste ok. Most of the time it would not work out.

BBQ is a different story and my favourite food to prepare. Mature, spice, grill, twist and turn till perfect and consume. 😂
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Then maybe the better way to tackle the issue was not to complain to the delivery service itself, but rather to complain about them to the sender? What does the sender say?

Heh, your account of your cooking skills reminded me of this passage from Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog) by Jerome K. Jerome:

George said it was absurd to have only four potatoes in an Irish stew, so we washed half-a-dozen or so more, and put them in without peeling. We also put in a cabbage and about half a peck of peas. George stirred it all up, and then he said that there seemed to be a lot of room to spare, so we overhauled both the hampers, and picked out all the odds and ends and the remnants, and added them to the stew. There were half a pork pie and a bit of cold boiled bacon left, and we put them in. Then George found half a tin of potted salmon, and he emptied that into the pot.

He said that was the advantage of Irish stew: you got rid of such a lot of things. I fished out a couple of eggs that had got cracked, and put those in. George said they would thicken the gravy.

You and George may have the same cooking method. 😉

Though I must admit, I do not know how to barbecue at all, I am more of a soup and pickle kind of cook. But my father can cook a very good shashlik that he treats me to when I visit home in summer, the traditional season for such foods where I am from. I think it is close to barbecue, at least, there are spices, marinade and grilling involved.
    Community Manager
    The monitor will take a little while, but my controller has arrived!

Name:  IMG_20221129_184305.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  82.6 KB

Now I need a good game to test it out. Probably Yakuza. Because

Name:  ezgif.com-gif-maker (34).jpg
Views: 37
Size:  72.9 KB