Will I void my warranty if I upgrade my storage and ram?

Replies
    views
    Level 2
    Hi,

I live in Dubai and have received mixed advice about upgrading SSD and RAM from Lenovo technicians.

Please if you have an official support email address I can email I would like to have it writing to avoid any penalties later.

I am desperate as I am running out of space on my laptop and would like it to run a bit faster.

thank you.
    Last edited by NoIQ; 04-12-22 at 23:20. Reason: Grammar
  • 3 Replies

Level 52
    @NoIQ

Hello brother
    As I know, if you change anything inside the PC / laptop or anything that has a warranty by yourself, it will end your warranty.
    You need to ask the company for their agent that has permission to upgrade your memory space.
    If your device is from Lenovo
    I recommend you ask Lenovo US on Twitter. or in their account on Facebook, they are best in customer service.
    We are the new LEGENDS. This is New Age
    Level 2
    Hi Joker,

thank you for your response. It’s from the UAE, that is a great idea. I will try reach out to them on Twitter.

It is abit confusing as the agents here give you mixed advice. Some say these do not void the warranty some say it does. I can not find an email address to reach out to them. Having verbal confirmation is useless.

thank you.
    Level 52
    Hello @NoIQ it depends on the regulation in the UAE. I know that in some countries, if there's a sticker "Do not remove this sticker, it will void your warranty" and you remove it, it will indeed void your warranty and in other countries it doesn't. So starting from here, if opening your PC void the warranty, you'll easily understand that changing any component will automatically void your warranty 👀

On the other hand, if you don't have this kind of sticker, what you can do is upgrade whatever you want to upgrade, and if you have to RMA your PC, just take back the new stuff and put back (or let) the old stuff 👀
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<