Christmas movies

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    Since the holiday season is drawing near, it'd be nice to discuss Christmas-themed movies. What kind of movies do you like?

Would it be the classic that runs on the TV every year? A little boy, all forgotten at home and setting up deadly traps for bandits planning to rob the home? I must've seen it about a dozen of times and it still makes me laugh a bit.

Name:  home alone.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  83.8 KB

Or perhaps an animation about a Christmas hater?

Name:  grinch.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  88.5 KB

Personally I like The Polar Express a fair bit. There's just something nice about the journey to the Santa's factory.

Name:  MV5BMTM1NTU0NTE4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQ0MjEzMw@@._V1_.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  96.7 KB

I have also watched various adaptations of A Christmas Carol and now I saw that there's a new one on Netflix! I probably should see it! The trailer looks neat.

Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
  • 15 Replies

Level 31
    You kind of already posted the ones I'd enjoy. Home Alone is a Classic, so is The Grinch and The Polar Express.

There are still couple of very nice movies there alongside these three. They are funny and bringing up what Christmas is all about: being together, loving each other and having a good time.

And if we are looking for animated movies.

Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
    Level 48
    The moment I saw your thread's title, Home Alone just hit my mind instantly, Clicked your thread and it's already the first suggestion😅
    Hardly Adapting...Barely Surviving
    Level 52
    There's also a movie I liked from 1998, "Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer". If you can find it somewhere, it's worth a watch. Unfortunately, I had it on a VHS tape and well ... No longer have the VHS player.

It's a cute but a little sad story about a reindeer who was blessed with a red nose and suffered bullying due to that.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Level 31

@MoriMoonpaw @LilySensei @QueenTomato Any ideas to host Christmas Parties in Discord voice? Let's sing some Christmas Songs and stream some Christmas Among Us.

Hey. o/ I'm Liue, gamer with epilepsy from Finland. I'm BBA, Business Information Technology student at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and been helping out Legion Gaming Community since the creation of this forum, March 2021. I was one of the first members whom joined and never looked back.

For me, accessibility is close to my heart. As world is connected, I wish to develop digital services in a way that more and more people would have a chance to use them on their daily basis, no matter of disabilities.
    Level 52
    To be honest, I watch almost anything classic and/or new depending on the mood, I recently watched "Spirited" and "8-Bit Christmas"

Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @Saka I am a bit conflicted about Christmas films. On the one hand, they are seasonally sweet and uplifting. But on the other, often basic and predictable. Or maybe I am just picky.

Be it as it may, I am worried about that new Netflix Christmas Carol. In all its classics, Dickens wrote a serious and deep story, and I am not sure how well it can be made into a musical as they want it to. Though I did like the 2009 Disney version, odd face animations notwithstanding:

These days, I am more into the deconstruction of the Christmas movie genre and to that end, I am curious about Violent Night this year:

Reminiscent somewhat of the first season of Happy.
    Level 52
    I just watched The Muppet adaptation of the Christmas Carol. It was nice! Little bits of humour added from the Muppets throughout the movie.

Name:  christmas carol.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  95.8 KB
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka I've never watched Muppets, to be honest. Did not manage to when I was a kid, and then could not find the time. Are they good (or, better yet, still relevant)?
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I think the movie is fine. I haven't watched any Muppets for a really long time and still enjoyed it. I don't think this is something that gets outdated by the flow of time, after all the action is set in long past anyway.
    *delete as appropriate