Microsoft increases the price of its Xbox games

Replies
    views
    Level 52

It is now official, and it was via Windows Central and IGN that the announcement was made. Starting from 2023, the price of first-party games (Xbox Studios) will cost $69.99 ($70 to round up) even if Microsoft has not yet said anything about the price in the rest of the world and in particular Europe, we suspect that they will align with the prices practiced by the competition (Sony, Activision-Blizzard, Ubisoft... etc) which should give in Europe 79.99€ (80€).

The first game to switch to this new pricing is none other than Starfield and it should be followed by Forza Motorsport and Redfall when they launch. Of course, the justification is the same as for the competition, Microsoft's spokesperson told IGN that "This price reflects the content, scale, and technical complexity of these titles" adding, "As with all games developed by our teams at Xbox, they will also be available with Game Pass the same day they launch."

This increase is not a surprise and follows the (vague) declarations of Phil Spencer last October who said "I do think at some point we'll have to raise the prices on certain things, but going into this holiday we thought it was important to maintain the prices". Now that we are set for the price of games, it remains to be seen if the price of hardware and services will also increase and if so, by how much?
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

• 3 Replies

Level 48
    Game pass is a better way I think, besides 1st party games do drop into game pass after a while so no big deal.
    Hardly Adapting...Barely Surviving
    Level 52
    @M2lobaz Indeed, so far Game Pass is a good alternative for people who play a lot of games, and first-party games can be found there on release day which is great for players
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Level 48
    Well I didn't know that 1st party games are available from release day, this is better than I expected
    Hardly Adapting...Barely Surviving