World of Warcraft - Discussion

Replies
    views
    Level 31

World of Warcraft - Discussion

• Why can't Gnomes become Paladins? Because they can't reach the light!
    • We're allied with the Tauren? Fantastic! We'll be having steak twice a week.

Newest expansions, World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, has now been out for about 4 months and since it seems we do have some WoW players around here (tagging @Elixor, @Marion), I decided to create own thread to gather us together to share tips, information, finding players for leveling, dungeons, PVP etc. and just to have a chilly chat together.

No matter whatever you are part of an Alliance or a Horde, for us both Azeroth is a place we love. Keep it clean, do not be mean towards another faction player! For Azeroth! 😄

I am maining Blood Elf Holy Priest. Alongside that I'd have Vulpera Restoration Shaman, Blood Elf Holy Paladin and now as most newest addition, Blood Elf Subtlety Rogue for entirely PVP purposes. If anyone is interested to play together (EU), feel free to throw a message!

What are your thoughts of the newest update, 9.0.5? Holy Priests got some buff for Divine Hymn. Discipline might be currently meta, but I am happy to see that Blizzard has finally noticed the situation and is trying to balance it out a little bit.

And it is not just SL, but The Burning Crusade is coming to WoW Classic. If you can trust wowhead news, it seems release date might be 18th May. I am excited. Already decided to level up Blood Elf Holy Priest (surprise) when prepatch is out.

• 37 Replies

Level 31
    Here is my current main character:

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...rren-mill/liue
    Raider.IO: https://raider.io/characters/eu/tarren-mill/Liue
    WarcraftLogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/tarren-mill/liue

Story of Liue

While High Elves of Quel'Thalas do have long and shining history in the world of Azeroth, their race is almost completely gone and most are now known as sin'dorei - Blood Elves. Silvermoon City suffered of huge damage by the attack of the Scourge, however Blood Elves have done their best to rebuild it and surrounding Eversong Woods to its former glory.

Bal'a dash, malanore. Greetings traveler. Let me present you High Priest of Quel'Thalas, Liue. As part of the younger generation of Blood Elves, being only 60-years old, his expose for Fel Magic was not as long as it was with older generation of sin'dorei. So on, after Sunwell was once again restored by dying Naaru M'uru, Liue was one of first Blood Elves whom accepted the touch of the Holy Light and so on his original green eyes were turned to yellow. Even Priest society of Blood Elves is small due most of original Priests taking up arms and becoming Paladins of Blood Knight Order, Liue used his time to study the archives of Silvermoon City and Priest Class Hall Netherlight Temple in Dalaran to learn how to support his allies in war-torn lands.

As Holy Priest, Liue has devoted his life for serving others. After catastrophic events during Burning Legion attack that led to a death of Vol'jin: war against Alliance during Battle for Azeroth: and recently ex-Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner's unexpected trick which left the scar between the world of living and death, Horde in overall has suffered some serious damage. Liue and his newly created Priest Enclave of Anar'alah in Silvermoon City are using their time to train any citizen of the Horde that is interested to follow Holy Light and use its powers to help the Horde to survive - however, we would never turn our face away in case there was Alliance in need of urgent help during situation which would determine whatever person lives or dies.

Elu'meniel mal alann. May peace calm your heart.

Name:  WoWScrnShot_031821_000347.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  450.2 KB
    Head of Community
    Perfect, a dedicated thread for my favourite game thanks for starting this one @Liue! 👍I'll come back to that video when I've progressed more with Shadowlands so I don't get spoiled. I finished Zandalar (or so I thought), then took a break from WoW for a few months because I got super addicted to Minecraft and there wasn't enough hours in the day. 👀 Came back just a few days ago and when I went directly into the Shadowlands storyline I realised there was some BIG stuff I had missed --> Spoiled. 😭

But, coming back to WoW feels like coming home. 💙

I'm with the Horde, I'm a Troll and an Affliction Warlock 🧙‍♀️ and I've just started my journey in Bastion. Level 51 so far. Although the Horde is my home, I do like to level both Horde and Alliance so at some point I'll have an Alliance alt again.

Here's me, a quick break to take a photo between gathering cloudstrider pelts...

Name:  Morimoonpaw_in_Bastion.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  303.9 KB

Oh and if anyone wants to add me on Battle.net - MoriMoonpaw#2930 😊
    Level 31
    Perfect, a dedicated thread for my favourite game thanks for starting this one @Liue! 👍I'll come back to that video when I've progressed more with Shadowlands so I don't get spoiled. I finished Zandalar (or so I thought), then took a break from WoW for a few months because I got super addicted to Minecraft and there wasn't enough hours in the day. 👀 Came back just a few days ago and when I went directly into the Shadowlands storyline I realised there was some BIG stuff I had missed --> Spoiled. 😭

But, coming back to WoW feels like coming home. 💙

I'm with the Horde, I'm a Troll and an Affliction Warlock 🧙‍♀️ and I've just started my journey in Bastion. Level 51 so far. Although the Horde is my home, I do like to level both Horde and Alliance so at some point I'll have an Alliance alt again.

Here's me, a quick break to take a photo between gathering cloudstrider pelts...

Name:  Morimoonpaw_in_Bastion.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  303.9 KB

Oh and if anyone wants to add me on Battle.net - MoriMoonpaw#2930 😊

I did add you. 😄 In any case people would like to add me as well on Battle.net, Liue#21349.

Somehow I was unable to edit my previous posts. Not sure why.

Your Troll looks good! Very simple transmog, which fits perfectly for a Warlock.
    Level 31

Big respect. Feral Druid healed +14 SoA. Took it from Wowhead: https://www.wowhead.com/news/feral-d...e-elder-321424
    Level 31
    Hello everyone,

We had a short chat with @Marion about an idea that, in case enough people here would be interested, we could form a Legion Gaming Community in World of Warcraft. I assume most World of Warcraft players here do know what communities are, but in case you don't, here is a short information:

With the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch, we’re introducing World of Warcraft Communities, a new feature that will let you create, manage, and join multiple groups of friends and family. Whether you have a dedicated group that just likes to role-play, a group that is all about pet battling, or another that is focused on Mythic dungeons, Communities will allow you to bring them all together—no matter what realms they’re on. Not only will you be able to participate in a variety of Community groups, but you’ll be able to maintain your membership in your guild at the same time.

You can create and manage a World of Warcraft Community through the Guilds & Communities tab (J), where you’ll also have access to Blizzard Groups. Blizzard Groups allow you to connect with cross-game friends and other players even beyond World of Warcraft via the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app; Communities are specific to the character you’re creating the community with and are great for bringing together in-game friends.
    Communities you create are open to same-faction characters from any realm within your region. You’ll be able to invite characters directly, provide a code, or send an invitation link to those you would like to invite to your newly-created community. You’ll also be able to create calendar events specific to your community and use Quick Join to hop into groups together.
    As a part of this new feature, players will also be able to take part in Community-specific chat (text and voice), create and manage channels, and easily switch between them right within the Community interface. The new feature also provides a chat history, which we’re also bringing to guild chat.
    - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...ft-communities

Communities are open for players in the same faction. Your realm does not matter. That would mean both the Alliance and the Horde would need to have communities of their own. However, if we would form Battle.net community, that would be open for any player of any Blizzard and/or Activision game, no matter of a faction. I think that would be the best idea. Only disadvantage for Battle.net community is that you can't easily invite any player to join your group ingame, for example, as players do join the community with their Battle.net tags instead with their actual characters.

Legion Gaming Community would value kindness, fair-play, cooperation and would be open for everyone no matter of player experience, character level, gear or anything else. That would be the place to offer us a real chance to level up-, do dungeons-, PVP, raiding- and other content together. Things such as Raider.IO score controls endgame way too much. Finding dungeon groups via LFG might be hard, if not sometimes impossible due low RIO score (read, they think score is all that matters). Leveling alone might be boring and eat all the motivation away from anyone that might be new. For that, Legion Gaming Community in World of Warcraft would like to answer. You know, by offering an alternative - a home for everyone.

Dear Legions, share your ideas about this. 😄
    Last edited by Liue; 18-03-21 at 22:55.
    Head of Community
    Yesss this sounds great 👍 I'm actually new to the Community functionality in WoW as I've never tried it before, but having looked at it now I think it's a lovely idea! Thanks for sharing all the info above @Liue! And I definitely want it to be a positive place for everyone no matter your experience level in the game or gaming style preferences (leveling, dungeoning, raiding, gathering etc). Thinking of the Horde/Alliance aspect, 2 groups definitely sounds like the way to go. I will join both as I'll soon create my new main Alliance alt. 😁

Oh and re: editing posts - the platform allows 60 minutes of editing time. If you spot something later feel free to message me (or you can press the Report Post icon) or anyone in the CM team and we can add your edits. 😊
    Head of Community
    Your Troll looks good! Very simple transmog, which fits perfectly for a Warlock.

Thanks! 😁 I didn't get a moment yet to concentrate on the transmog but will do soon when I get into a good place with my quests and can take a break to visit the transmogrifier. I'll take a selfie when finished. 😁
    Level 29
    Amazing idea, I'll join and also post my character once I have a bit of time to write it up.

I just started Battle.net to join the community and I realised there is a new version of the launcher. Did this just happened or am I months behind 😁

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  126.2 KB

I'm glad to see the Activision games not that much promoted in the Blizzard launcher anymore 😊
    Level 31
    @Elixor Battle.net app got its new style couple of weeks ago. I found it to be a bit hard at first, but you get use to it.

Seems like we are creating normal community, which means everyone will join into it with their actual character rather than with their Battle.net tags as it allows cross-realm and makes invites for groups easier. This means both factions must have Legion Gaming Community of their own. It does not affect to your guild, you can stay in your guild and join as many communities alongside as you want.

Once they are up, we will provide codes to join either one - or both - faction communities for World of Warcraft players.