Docking station for Legion 5 and 7 230 w

Replies
    views
    Level 2
    Good afternoon, I own two Lenovo legion 5 and 7 laptops. I have been trying to find a docking station for my laptops for several months now, but to no avail. Please advise which docking stations will be compatible with Legion 5 and Legion 7 laptops.
  • 8 Replies

Level 2
    FREE XBOX GAME PASS FOR FREE
    @WestAirwolf hi there!

Can you please share what kind of docking stations are you looking for so we could all try to help? 🙏
    My farewell mesage 🌟: in English - in Arabic
    Your new MEA Community Manager is @UnapologeticDino!
    Level 1
    I'm also looking for a docking station, I have the Legion 5 17ARH05H. I was using a dell docking station, connected via USB-C port. However it only supported 2 monitors. I was looking at the Lenovo docking station options and am not sure which is compatible with my L5.

The three options I looked at are the;

1) Thinkpad thunderbolt 3 workstation dock gen 2
    2) ThinkPad Thunderbolt 4 Workstation Dock
    3) ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Smart Dock

Anyone have their L5/L7 setup with 2 - 3 external monitors connected by docking station? And if so, which dock are you using?
    Level 17
    After alittle research:
    all three Lenovo docking stations are compatible with Thunderbolt 3 or 4, which is the same as the USB-C port on your laptop. However, it's important to note that the specific docking station you choose may depend on the number of monitors you want to connect and the resolution you need.

If you're looking to connect 2-3 external monitors, any of the docking stations you mentioned should work. However, the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock Gen 2 and the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 4 Workstation Dock both support up to three 4K displays, while the ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Smart Dock supports up to two 4K displays. So, if you require three 4K displays, you may want to consider the first two options.

I hope this will help you
    Level 1
    I just purchased a new Legion slim 7 gen 8 (AMD/NVIDIA 4060) and am looking for a compatible dock to connect two 1080p 27" monitors, ethernet, and other usb peripherals. I also use the same office set up for my work 14" Dell Latitude computer and use Zoom for live instructional purposes, so the dock would need to be cross compatible to the 2021 dell. I haven't been able to find a compatible dock that meets the 230 watt charging demands of the Legion slim 7.
    Level 48
    According to the Lenovo UK website, there are several laptop docking stations

that support USB-C Alt Mode and Power Delivery, which are compatible with

Windows 10 or later. Some of these docking stations are:

1 - ThinkPad USB-C Dock Gen 2

2 - ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock

3 - ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2

4 - Lenovo USB-C 7-in-1 Hub

However some users have successfully used docking stations with the

Legion 7 laptop, such as:

1 - Caldigit USB-C HDMI Dock

2 - Dell Docking Station WD19S 180W

3 - ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C Dock

4 - Wavlink USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station

Try to search youtube for : -

How to find the correct dock for your laptop.

Or How to connect multiple external monitors to your laptop.

Hope this help You😊 😊

Level 1
    Well guys, my problem with finding a suitable dock is the power supply. My Lenovo Legion 5 Pro needs more than the 65 or 100 W these docking stations provide…

Or is there a Lenovo dock that I am simply overlooking?

The alternative is ofcourse to use 1 power supply for the dock and my own power supply for the laptop itself. So, 2 cables on my desk will be connected to the laptop: power and TB USB C. But I would like to avoid that if possible and power the laptop via the USB C, i.e via the docking station.
    Level 1
    My question is - wouldn't a 4K hub be too much for my 1920x1080 monitors? Because I keep getting advice to get a 4k hub/docking station.
    I have the Legion 5 17ACH6. I have 2 27" BenQ monitors and my 2nd monitor keeps losing connection. The only thing I can think of is the VAVA hub. I appropriated it from my husband and it works fine until it blacks out, losing connection and pretty much freezing me out of my mouse usually. the hub only has the 2nd (troublesome) monitor and my little TriBit speaker attached to it. I've checked all the wiring to ensure it's all secure. I don't have 4K needs, I am a Data Science student so I use dozens of platforms and data analysis/viz tools and when i am in the middle of that tediousness, is when the 2nd monitor dumps me for a 5 minute nap.