AMA - ask your questions to Lenovo's product team!

Replies
    views
    Head of Community
    Hi everyone!

Following the exciting news of the latest Legion laptops, towers and monitors, (see here), we've got a great opportunity for you to tap into some "behind the scenes" information related to the new Legion devices and their development process! Chris, Sergey and John from our product team will be dedicating some of their time to answer community questions gathered from this thread. 😎

First, a brief introduction to who they are and what their role is at Lenovo:

Christopher Piazza
    Senior Product Marketing Manager

Chris has worked at Lenovo for close to a decade and has lead product marketing for Lenovo Legion for 8 of those years. His role is to work alongside the product development team to conduct global research with customers, decide product design direction, align product features with Lenovo's regional teams (including Sergey below!) across the globe and to help educate our sales, marketing, PR and Social teams on the products launched every year.

The games Chris is currently playing on PC: World of Warcraft: Dragonflight, Spider-Man Remastered, God of War, Cyberpunk 2077 and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Sergey Balashov
    EMEA Gaming Notebook Product Manager

Coming from a technical background, Sergey has worked for Lenovo for 15 years. His job is to ensure that when Lenovo develops a new product, the EMEA (Europe, Middle-East and Africa) region users' needs and expectations are met, and he discusses these aspects with the Research and Development team accordingly. He also does features and business planning way in advance, and predicts the market size and contents in his crystal ball.

John Miedema
    EMEA Gaming & Business Development Manager

John has been in the IT industry for 25 years, managing teams across different countries and regions. His work at Lenovo involves product management, go-to-market and sales, and business development. He’s passionate about making continuous improvements while seeing the bigger picture and having fun along the way! John enjoys “games with a story” and is currently playing God of War, Cyberpunk 2077 and Horizon Forbidden West.

-- -- --

So, what would you like to ask these guys? 😊 It can be anything you're wondering about related to the new devices and their development processes, and of course anything related to the roles of Chris, Sergey and John as well if you're curious about what it's like to work as part of Lenovo's product teams! (Please note, however, that they won't be able to answer customer service -related questions).

Reply with your question below by Sunday 15th January, 2023. We'll collect the questions to be passed on to the team, and will aim to post the answers here by Wed 18 Jan. 👍
    Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 09-01-23 at 14:19.
  • 10 Replies

Level 48
    Kind regards for your dedication to the community, You guys are doing great.
    my question is mainly about the LA AI chip and AI Engine+ How it was planed for, How much effort and time it has taken to come in fully service and What are your plans for AI machine learning in future ?
    Hardly Adapting...Barely Surviving
    Level 52
    Can I get your free legion laptop?! 😅😂
    I am just joking
    My question is when the new devices will be available in the markets?!
    Especially for the monitors because I hope to get one!
    Thanks
    We are the new LEGENDS. This is New Age
    Level 32
    thanks @MoriMoonpaw for this opportunity
    and thanks to Christopher Piazza ,Sergey Balashov for taking the time to answer our questions

for Christopher Piazza:

What is your favorite marketing campaign of all time?
    What is your favorite marketing software tool?
    What are the most common misconceptions about marketing that you often hear?
    What do you think is the most important thing to keep in mind when using social media for marketing purposes?

for Sergey Balashov :

How often do you launch new features?
    Where do ideas for new features come from? How do you decide which ones to build?
    what is the most successful product have managed. What made it so successful?

You're never wrong to do the right thing
    Head of Community
    Great questions guys! Thanks for taking the time to post them. 😊 Don't hesitate to add if you want to ask anything further! 👍

Anyone else if you're thinking of asking the product team something, now's your chance - you have until the end of the week to post your questions. 😊
    Head of Community
    Hey guys, quick update - we've got John as well from the product team excited to check out your questions alongside Sergey and Chris! I've updated the post above to include a bit of information about him as well. 😎
    Level 52
    @MoriMoonpaw thanks for the opportunity to ask some questions and hats off to all the managers and employees who are working hard to satisfy the end users' needs.

My questions are:

• What are the demographics of a target consumer?
    • Are there usually product roadmap problems?
    • Is the pace of innovation a hurdle on some occasions?

My most important question is, will a new Legion phone be released soon and would all the features integrated into the device be available to customers all over the world or limited to certain regions?

I've seen devices with fewer features than advertised and wondering if Lenovo also follows these guidelines.😎
    Level 27
    The AI tuning system what is all about it?
    A strong man is Strongest alone
    Level 26
    will you keep the legion laptop design for a bit longer or you'll soon change it?