Tea

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    Regarding the package size, in the tea shops typically 50 grams is the smallest size. It's still a lot for a single drinker, but I have a lot of cans with tea and store it like Tetris in my kitchen cabinet. It can last a really long time like that without going stale.

Some tea shops can sell "sample size" package, which might be helpful if you are not sure if you are going to like that tea. Shopping online might give some more options too.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch All I know about British People is what I've been told by people who went there, and it's 100% accurate to the clichés I heard about them 🤣

That's the tea I had an overdose of it (and I'm still drinking it) The Maghrebine Tea (it's more or less the same one in Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco)

and this is where the magic happens (where we actually put the tea) 😜

The tea-ball is inside the teapot with mint leaves, and we just add simmering water (some prefer it boiling) and let it infuse for some time. You can add or not sugar at your convenience, most of us invented diabetes 🤣 so we like it sweet. And of course, you can add some mint leaves for the decoration and taste 😁
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Level 52
    I actually generally prepare my tea in a very lazy way. Get some water in the electric kettle (not much, just a bit above the min). Then I press the button and flee the kitchen, as it makes obnoxious noise when starting up. If it's green tea then it's not too bad to forget about the kettle for a little bit. For black I go back soon after.

And then I put either of these sieves in a cup, some teas (normally a teaspoon, but if larger mug or some tea that needs more then 1.5 - 2 teaspoons) and let the magic happen.
    Name:  IMG20230207224221.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  85.4 KB
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 How strong is this Maghrebine Tea?
    Community Manager
    @Saka I sometimes think that, for me, it may come down to the gear, maybe I would be more inclined to get into tea if I had proper gear. I always wanted one of those Russian Samovars, but they are bulky and, if operated in a traditional way, need pines to be used as fuel. So that aspiration was a bust, but maybe a nice Japanese Kyusu would make me want to have proper teas more often.
    Community Manager
    Currently, I only have a tea infuser that looks like a little house:

Name:  tea-house-infuser.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  14.0 KB

I must say, though it looks cute, it is actually not that convenient to use.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch That's a cute infuser, but I can imagine opening up the roof each time and then cleaning the tea from inside is not that fun. I imagine the leaves like to get stuck around the corners and edges.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka That they do I do not use it all that much for this reason. Though, all in all, it is not that hard, washing it under a water stream cleans it up fine, but there is this notion of having to clean it at all that puts me off. With teabag, you throw it out and that's it.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch depends on the region in the north it's generally yellowish like apple juice (or the picture above, sometimes a little bit lighter) and relatively sweet (here again depending on the regions) but the more you go to the south the more it becomes bitter to bittersweet with a reddish / brownish color
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 So then, the caffeine amount increases the more you go to the south?