What character in a game annoyed you?

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    There have been threads in the other boards about best / favourite characters from games. I haven't noticed any about hated or annoying characters though and I think it'd be something interesting to discuss about.

From of the top of my head my first pick would be Sylvanas from World of Warcraft. The writing of her character from late Legion killed it for me. She was always a cold embodiment of resentment, but jumping to genocide didn't make sense. She abandoned her people - the Forsaken - whom she pledged to protect after they have been abandoned by everyone else in the war. A lot of weird decisions and the reasoning provided by the end of Shadowlands' expansion was really weak. The redemption arc was rushed and cut short. At the end of it the character herself seemed about as lost as the devs trying to make deadlines.
    Name:  shadowlands__story_trailer_119.0.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  55.5 KB
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
  • 4 Replies

Level 10
    In terms of pure annoyance, Navi from Ocarina of Time is up there for me, but for a character that had potential but in the end ruined the character for me I am drawing a blank right now, i will add another reply if i remember any 😅
    Level 52
    Too many of them, but first one to come to my mind is Navi "Hey ! Listen !" and I was like, "Just shut up shut up shut up .... " 🤣
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Level 52
    @thecorf Sure, take your time! The topic is waiting here on the forums!
    @GoLLuM13 Oh dear, that remembered me of this NPC chasing after me whenever I port to New Dalaran in WoW on one of my paladins. "Hey, do you have a moment?!".

Or when I want to do workout in Ring Fit Adventure, Tipp keeps pestering me about my difficulty level each time I launch the game.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka Hmm, I heard about Navi but not having that platform I never experienced her personally so, while I know the reasons for @GoLLuM13's annoyance, I was spared so far from first-hand experience. As for me, a good question, same as @thecorf, I'll need to give it some thought. I want to say Claptrap from Borderlands, but not sure if he qualifies because he was intentionally designed to be annoying.