What do you like to do in Minecraft?

Replies
    views
    Head of Community
    I've heard from many of you that you like to play Minecraft. 😊 I'm wondering what kinds of things do you like to do there? Do you play solo or on a server? Do you follow the story or just build stuff? If you build stuff, what kind of stuff ?

I play Minecraft several hours a week but still haven't gone to the End or seen the dragon etc (wouldn't even know how yet). I prefer a relaxed Minecraft experience, in survival but easy mode, building my base, usually a big house near a village and near the sea or a big lake. This is so I can see the villagers nearby so it doesn't feel lonely in my base! It has potato and wheat fields and also an animal barn, sometimes also a horse stables and a chicken coop (although sometimes I have chickens in the basement lol). In my basement there are usually lots of storage chests and ladders/elevators (just learned to make water elevators!!) to the mining tunnels. I also like fishing so I usually have a fishing shack near the base.

Once all that's done I "expand" to the Nether and do a base there too, although that place creeps me out (ghasts!!!) and I get killed a lot. 😂 And then, even though I always think THIS IS IT, this is my ultimate base I'm going to keep forever, I usually start a new world and a new, BETTER base all over again. 😂

I want to hear how you play in Minecraft? Anything similar?

• 14 Replies

Level 2
    I play a modpack called Sevtech Ages with my sister and some friends. Progression is craaaazy slow compared to normal Minecraft, but it's so much fun!

I am considering starting a vanilla solo world though, just because it's nice and relaxing to just mine away and build stuff
    Level 10
    I've played Minecraft for about 10 years and how i play it hasn't changed in a lot of those years, i make a world, build a tiny cube of a house, mine some stairs down and mine until i get diamonds, after i get enough diamond to get enchanted diamond gear i delete my world and start all over again 😂

I really need to try going towards beating the Ender Dragon one day, especially now that caves and cliffs is out i feel like i have to put more effort into going deeper into the game
    Community Manager
    I just googled "Sevtech Ages" as I like slow things and I'm so curious now: "Instead of Minecraft's usual progression system, with SevTech: Ages you'll go through the ages of human history in six acts: Stone Age, Bronze Age, Middle Ages, Industrial Age, Modern Age and Futuristic Age/Creative Age" it sounds amazing! @hriskaer, Do you know if I can play it with the Java version?

@thecorf and @MoriMoonpaw, I played for 10 years as well.... but the DEMO version 🤣 offline 😅 and with an old interface! I recently bought the game and it's a new amazing planet! You are right @thecorf!
    Level 4
    Hey, I have played Minecraft occasionally from very early on because my step son was playing almost from the day it was published and i moved here a little after. I mostly like to just build and explore but Minecraft Dungeons got me enjoy another type of Minecraft thing. It brought me the same joy as I got from playing Diablo 2 a long time ago. Lately i have not had much time to play anymore because I try to focus on music and the PC that rolls it nicely is always used by my husband or son who both play Minecraft a lot more than me. Last time I played Minecraft, I built this beautiful house, I love shaders and such. Building is great fun, I also liked that part best in The Sims. I like to make big mansions which then always get blown up in the air by creepers 🤣 how else... I usually play solo in a very peaceful and slow pace.
    Last edited by Blodravn; 15-12-21 at 23:44. Reason: Just forgot to add something
    Community Manager
    Hello @Blodravn! Minecraft and Diablo II are my favourite games! I really like the music in both games! The soundtrack is so relaxing! 😇

I noticed that there is a new soundtrack after they introduced the latest version of Minecraft (1.18. 1) if I am not wrong... did anyone notice?
    Level 4
    Hey @Wersus , it might very well be. I can't remember right now. Edit: I asked my son and he said that there is a new one. I have been wondering if I was able to make that kind of music. I'm working on my first epic/or in my case crapic song. I have also written lyrics about playing Minecraft, it is humorous and the name is Logic error. Yeah you can just imagine hehe. I have some sort of melody thought for it too but I would prefer a guy to sing it though. I have not yet put anything up besides the lyrics. If i repeaat a melody many enough times in my head with lyrics, it will stay there. I hear it as a rock or pop rock song but it might turn into 80's style pop too. We will see if i move forward with it and when. Need to get some other projects done first. There is one very well known character making appearance in it too with some glowy eyes ;) Thanks for the thumbs
    Last edited by Blodravn; 17-12-21 at 19:16.
    Community Manager
    @Blodravn this is really interesting! when you will be ready with a text and a melody, and maybe a youtube link, I'd love to listed to it!

I really enjoy this kind of music (I'm listening to Enya at the moment) and knowing it's a product of a member of our community makes it even more epic!

Do you also play an instrument? Just curiosity 🤣
    Level 4
    @Wersus I try to learn but im best at playing my mouth heh.. I try to learn to play my keyboard and guitar but the latter i have only begun and it's hard to find the needed time. If I will get it as a song, i promise to share a link here.
    Community Manager
    @Blodravn the most important thing is that you enjoy your passion! 🤗