Legion Evolved - How has gaming impacted your life and helped you evolve?

Replies
    views
    Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce to all of you the launch of Legion Evolved in UAE!🎉

The competition will take place in 2 phases over the whole month of March and 2 Legion laptops will be up for grabs - this means that 2 members will be winning their own Legion laptop 😍

Welcome to phase 1 of Legion Evolved!

Whether you're a lifelong gamer who has traversed many in-game terrains or you've just started your adventure in the great big world of gaming, there's always an epic story to share! So, share your gaming journey with us now!

Stand a chance to WIN your very own stylishly savage Lenovo Legion gaming laptop, by answering one simple question:

How has gaming impacted your life and helped you evolve?

How to join this competition?

• All you have to do is comment below with your answer
    • This competition will close on the 15th of March, 6pm UAE time.
    • Winners will be announced on 17th of March
    • By entering, you agree to the T&Cs posted here
    Last edited by QueenTomato; 22-02-23 at 10:30.
    My farewell mesage 🌟: in English - in Arabic
    Your new MEA Community Manager is @UnapologeticDino!
  • 126 Replies

Level 30
    The games have affected me in a positive way, as I have made many friends through the games
    Level 3
    improving cognitive skills, hand-eye coordination and social skills.
    Level 2
    Gaming has been a very crucial part of my life.
    Whenever I am under stress I just open some game and play I really think that I could play other games , but my machine doesn't allow and I really think that Lenovo can do better in cooling and performance. I own a vast number of Lenovo devices but my favourite one is the ideapad 3. I really hope that I could make a career in this , so please help me win this
    Level 26
    Gaming affected me negatively and positively, as I gained new friends, but there was negligence in my life
    Level 3
    @QueenTomato Hi Gaming Made My remembering skills better and Made me a good responder in actions .
    Level 6
    Gaming has evolved my life either negatively or positively. Gaming put a huge strain on relationships with family member and friends, lying about the amount of time spent on gaming and as student it caused me to get low grades, but the good side of gaming is that it improved my problem solving skills, increased hand to eye coordination and faster and more accurate decision making. It also helped me to get new exiting friends which is a important part of my life.

cant wait to win a legion laptop 🤗☺I always wanted to play high end games but my laptop cant run them😔
    Last edited by Fudhail; 05-03-23 at 14:51.
    Level 6
    @QueenTomato wow, I really like these competitions , it gives people opportunity to win these beautiful high end laptops
    Level 1
    Growing up in an Afrikaans household meant limited exposure to English and luckily as a 5-year-old, learning the cheats for Starcraft Brood War helped me learn how to spell "blacksheepwall" and "power overwhelming". This ignited my passion for languages - I am at 4 now :D

I played Diablo and SC for most of my childhood and as a bit of an outcast when I was younger (ugly duckling syndrome) this allowed me to find a community of like-minded friends, resulting in a lot of LANs and social interactions. It allowed me to learn skills in teamwork, organizing events, and building teams and communities! Leading to a very successful career later on.

Now the kicker... When I was 16, I had an accident playing netball, and a big mistake by a doctor put me in crutches and a wheelchair for 3 years. So... Instead of being a top sports player, I started playing League of Legends. A bit too much honestly.

League is definitely a game where you meet amazing people, but for your mental health, it might not be the healthiest outlet. It took its toll, but...

I got so many opportunities by playing this game, I ended up traveling the world to attend competitions and met an amazing man in South Korea! Fast forward a few years later, I am living in Europe for part of the year and being actively involved in helping creators build their own channels.

I lost my passion for gaming for a while because of my burnout in League and being competitive, it can suck the fun out of games. Luckily, I ran into Age of Empires a few years later, and now... I am addicted all over again and learning amazing new data analysis and community-building skills along the way!

As of today, I stream for fun, and work for work :D But everything I have built in my career is due to my experience in gaming. So yes, parents, let your kids play games. It builds skills and character.
    Level 17
    gaming has changed my life in a crucial way

I spent years battling depression, had low self-esteem, and struggled with feeling good enough. I was bullied at school at my hockey team, so I didn’t have every many friends, the ones I did have held me back and I certainly didn’t know how to make new ones.

I lacked confidence, especially with women, was constantly in the “friend zone” and didn’t know how to become a “man.” I had dropped out of high school (twice) and never wanted to go to college.

Don’t even get me started on my unstable job situation (which included pretending to have jobs to my parents…)

The one highlight in my life at the time was gaming, and although it wasn’t the problem, it was the bandaid. It’s what allowed me to numb myself and pretend my situation wasn’t as bad as it really was.
    Eventually I came to a point where I realized I had an opportunity to try again, I had a chance to start a new life for myself, and with the help of a counselor I started doing just that.

I didn’t like not knowing how to make friends so I focused on learning how to improve my social skill.
    It certainly hasn’t been easy but it’s been worth it, and the improvements in my life have come from little changes I’ve made.

But I recently learned that gaming has a positive impact on your life. positive effects of playing video games, focusing on four main domains: cognitive, motivational, emotional, and social

There are many misconceptions about video games and the impact they have on mental health. The truth is that video games have many benefits, including developing complex problem-solving skills and promoting social interaction through online gaming. Video games can be a great way to stimulate your mind and improve your mental health.

Playing video games has numerous benefits for your mental health. Video games can help you relieve stress and get your mind going

Video games often make you think. When you play video games, almost every part of your brain is working to help you achieve higher-level thinking. Depending on the complexity of the game, you may have to think, strategize, and analyze quickly. Playing video games works with deeper parts of your brain that improve development and critical thinking skills.

Cant wait to win a legion laptop😍🤗Always dreamed of getting one😄