Hogwarts Legacy : Bad news for PS4 and Xbox One players

Replies
    views
    Level 52

The news has just dropped on Twitter the game has just been postponed again, it was expected for April 4th, 2023, on PS4 and Xbox One, however, players on these two platforms will have to be patient, since they will have to wait until May 5, 2023.

According to Warner Bros. Games, developers need more time to deliver the best possible experience on all platforms (including PS4 and Xbox One). The Nintendo Switch version is still scheduled for July 25, 2023... for now.
    Last edited by GoLLuM13; 06-03-23 at 21:26.
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

• 22 Replies

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 Well, it is more often that PC gamers need to wait for PS and Xbox releases, the examples are numerous, and many of them are big, like the Yakuza series, Uncharted, or Last of Us (we really had to wait for that one). Not to mention Fable 2 is seemingly not getting a PC port at all ever. So to wait a few months for a proper port seems not so bad to me.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch You are right PC gamers have to wait at least a year or so to have PS games, and it's not even about quality of port, just a paid exclusivity. So delaying for one more month for a better port (let's not do the CyberPunk 2077 thing again) is the best move for WB Games
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 True, but, to be fair, Hogwarts Legacy is an interesting case study in this regard, the reviews I am reading seem to gravitate to the opinion that the world is very well made, and the gaming process as far as battles are concerned is decent, but it is not...how to put it...very interesting in terms of character design and has other flaws. By no means it is a bad game, just not as good as one may expect. At least it is my impression. And this delay may actually be a big factor for some people, as the novelty wears off, they may choose to play something else.
    Level 52
    The PR hit from the Cyberpunk 2077 fiasco on the previous gen consoles was quite huge. No wonder WB is trying to avoid that. Most players will just sigh and patiently wait while the release is postponed, it's also smaller damage than players refunding the game in droves.

I know someone who bought CP on PS4 as it came out. Refunded asap, and became so bitter about the experience that he won't even consider buying it for another platform or after the performance patches. I think he was far from the only one.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Level 52
    @Saka the CP2077 thing was at the same time a terrible and a wonderful thing for the industry. Now studios know what they shouldn't do.

I'm wondering how they're going to do with Hogwarts Legacy for Switch if they're already having a hard time with PS4 and Xbox One 🤔
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Level 52
    @GoLLuM13 Hopefully it won't turn into Minecraft Legacy (all the pixels).

I agree, the CP2077 drama was a memorable lesson.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 and @Saka, you are two Hogwarts Legacy fans that I know, so here is a small piece of news for you: Hogwarts Legacy is getting a Summer Update:

While it is nice (and, to be fair, Hogsmeade shop should have been available on PC from the start IMHO), this does remind me of the name of a certain pink pokemon 😅 Still, better late than never.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch thankfully, I totally agree that this "exclusive" mission should have been available sooner, especially that some players unlocked it on "special versions" with "special tools"
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 Yeah, the rest of what's in there I can game without, I actually do not care about purely cosmetic DLCs, if it has no actual gameplay content then it is not important to me. But I think I may be in the minority on that, seeing how popular skins and costumes are. And the hats, always the hats...