Metalheads of the community: Quizz and lets share some music

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Perhaps, but metal music is probably what started this, so it got "stuck" with that image even if after that others used it too. Trend-setting works this way sometimes...
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Not sure where it all started but for some reason, the whole trend is more noticeable in other genres of music. Maybe some artist needed to sell their soul to become famous who knows?

Like the famous Robert Johnson who stood at the crossroads of American Jazz music, it is rumoured that he once stood at a Mississippi crossroads and sold his soul to the devil in exchange for his unique musical gifts. The same with Louis Armstrong.

Some so many musicians are part of the 27 Club. They all passed away at the age of 27 and were very successful. Maybe a coincidence they all passed at the same age or is there a deeper meaning behind it?

If you look at the spiritual side of things the Number 27 is a reminder that you cannot cover evil with positive energy. As whatever is within a person, will come out of them. The Number 27 is equivalent to the number 9. Whatever ends at this time, is a necessary ‘death’.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Ah yes, being a jazz fan, I know that legend about Johnson. Crossroads of routes 49 and 61, to be exact. You are better versed in the meaning of numbers, so maybe those too have some deeper meaning?

But, to be fair, while 27 club may be an interesting phenomenon or coincidence, the rumours about musicians selling souls to the devil are probably as old as music itself and came to be long before metal. Niccolo Paganini is probably the most famous example of that, and he lived past that age, more than twice as long, in fact.

Or here is another interesting bit of trivia: Giuseppe Tartini claimed that he sold his soul to the devil in a dream and had him play the violin, which the devil did with such mastery that Tartini was very moved, and after waking up he transcribed that melody into what became known as Devil's Trill Sonata. Which Tartini claims is far inferior to the original. It is not originally metal, but some artists tried to perform it like that:

Though it is quite hard to play on a violin.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Route 49 and 61 are well known for paranormal activity and are seen as gateways to the other side.

I think the 27 Club is seen as a cultural phenomenon mostly. The mythology of the 27 Club gained prominence with the death of Kurt Cobain in 1994 since he died at the same age as iconic rock musicians.

Niccolo Paganini was a fierce and brilliant violin player. I wouldn't be surprised if he had magical powers or an entity guiding him. Niccolo Paganini was the Jim Morrison of his day. He partied, drove the ladies wild, and was even rumoured to have dabbled in the occult.
    Community Manager
    I think the 27 Club is seen as a cultural phenomenon mostly. The mythology of the 27 Club gained prominence with the death of Kurt Cobain in 1994 since he died at the same age as iconic rock musicians.

I guess a good strategy would be to start playing rock in hopes of becoming a star only after you turn 28?
    Level 43
    To be honest, I've only listened to the PENTAKILL band from Riot Games, and I got attracted to that kind of music. However, I'm not a professional listener or a big fan. That doesn't mean I hate it 😅😅, but I really wish I had enough time to listen to all kinds of music and play all games.