Metalheads of the community: Quizz and lets share some music

Replies
    views
    Level 31
    Hello everybody! Yes I am back from the Underworld after months of being missing in here, and I bring a mesagge: Is time for Metal!☠

I have been a fan of Metal music and Rock since a really young age, so lets share the metal love. Here is my Quizz and some of my answers.

1 First Metal band or song you heard and how.

I was 9 years old and far too young to proccess the video of Sonne, by Rammstein, and it left a big impression on me changing my life for the better (thank u big sis, u ruined me😅). That was my first metal song. Just left audio cuz video is age restricted and we are family friendly in this community😅. Probably many know this song, its a banger.

2 Your top 3 bands

Rammstein is forever in my heart.
    Tool, one of the best progressive Metal ever made.
    The Gazette, japanese their best album is def. Dogma.

3 Last band you listened or currently listening.

I will have to go with Avatar for this one (yes, its a band, not the movie or the master bender of the four elements). Had the pleasure to meet them in Germany not long ago, lovely guys. Here one of my favourite songs (again just audio, video is too explicit)

and here a bonus so u dont say I dont leave any videos🤣

4 Favourite Metal genres:

I would say Nu Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Progressive, Symphonic Metal, and sometimes if I am on the mood Black Metal.

5 A song you think should be or is on a video game.

I will say for sure the whole soundtrack of Brutal Legend is a great selection of classic metal and rock, thank you @DoctorEldritch for telling me about this amazing game. Is a comedic adventure with excellent music, besides, who doesnt like Jack Black. An oldie but a goodie.

Share your bands!
  • 95 Replies

Community Manager
    Welcome back @galadrielmt!

That is a nice selection, and very useful for those like me who are not too familiar with this genre.

I will say for sure the whole soundtrack of Brutal Legend is a great selection of classic metal and rock, thank you @DoctorEldritch for telling me about this amazing game. Is a comedic adventure with excellent music, besides, who doesn't like Jack Black. An oldie but a goodie.

Aww, thank you, glad you liked it! Jack Black is awesome, I was happy to learn that they are making the fourth Kung Fu Panda movie, we do need more of him, last time I saw him was as Psi King aka Helmut Fullbear in Psychonauts 2, but I think he was also involved in Mario movie, but I have not watched it.

As for sharing, I do not have a band, but I do have another game, more recent this time: Metal: Hellsinger:

Have you heard of it? It is a shooter, but it was praised for its usage of Metal music. Give it a listen!
    Level 52
    @galadrielmt Welcome back from your long slumber my fellow darkling! 😊

Thanks for this interesting thread. I'm eager to see how many metalheads are active in the community.

Well, my love for metal and goth started at an early age. My parents listened to all genres of music including metal.

My dad especially liked Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Black Sabbath just to name a few and my mom was into Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Depeche Mode and Siouxsie and the Banshees.

1: First Metal band or song you heard and how.

The first band standing out for me the most was Iron Maiden and their song Fear of the Dark. The reason I like the song until this day is the meaning behind the lyrics.

Strictly, the song is about paranoid ideas (fear of being watched or harmed by other persons) rather than phobia (fear of objects and situations), even though the latter is referred to in the lyrics ("Have a phobia that someone's always there"); darkness seems to be the context rather than the reason for the fear. Off course, it's also a catchy tune.

2: Your top 3 bands.

My no 1 and all-time favourite band is Type O Negative. Peter Steele was one of the most influential goth rock artists in the 90s and his composing and vocals skills were one of a kind. Many other goth rock artist got their inspiration from Type O Negative. My favourite song Peter Steele has written would be Black No1.

I would like to post the vid here but it's PG so if you want to look it up on youtube just search for Black no 1. :)

Name:  R-3381007-1328155862.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  48.7 KB

My second top band is of course Metallica. It's just one of those bands that have carried me through the years. Not all of their albums are great I must say but I grew up listening to their music. My favourite albums are the Black album and also Master of Puppets.

Name:  599b478f9e19f48e65ab25789a84fca9.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  14.8 KB

My third top band is Cradle of Filth. They are a gothic black metal band from England. I love their dark ambient style and they are also a band I listened to since my childhood.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  35.9 KB

3: Last band or currently listening to.

There are a few bands I'm listening to. On my playlist at this moment are Dimmu Borgir, Lorna Shore, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Septicflesh and old-school Pantera.

I would say the band I listen to a lot is Septicflesh.

Name:  Septicflesh-Modern-Primitive-Album-Cover-so-scraped-e1653074558223.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  56.5 KB

4: My favourite genres.

My favourite metal genres are black metal, deathcore, Melodic metal and any classic heavy metal from the past like Slayer, Megadeth, Sabaton and even Kiss.

Name:  19de2f63de26d03f1f273fdb8b28dd72.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  64.8 KB

5: A song you think should be or is on a video game.

Alex Terrible did a song for the new Doom Eternal game and it's awesome. Check out the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak8-Mpb54JM

Unfortunately, I can't post the vid here due to PG ratings!!
    Last edited by DracoTarot; 30-03-23 at 18:11.
    Level 52
    A good thread that we have here 🤘

I'll let the list for others that will come next to copy/paste easily :

1 First Metal band or song you heard and how
    2 Your top 3 bands
    3 Last band you listened or currently listening
    4 Favourite Metal genres
    5 A song you think should be or is on a video game

Now my answers 👀

1 First Metal band or song you heard and how
    It all started at around the age of 8 on a German music channel called Viva, when I heard for the first time Metallica with the song Until it Sleeps.

2 Your top 3 bands
    It's hard to select only 3 but it will look like this
    1. Megadeth
    2. Metallica
    3. System of a Down

3 Last band you listened or currently listening
    Rammstein - Hallelujah

4 Favourite Metal genres
    I'm a classic, so always (or almost) up to a Heavy/Thrash Metal or Nu Metal, and depending on the mood Alternative, Progressive, Black, Death

5 A song you think should be or is on a video game
    Moon Over The Castle from the Gran Turismo franchise
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Level 52
    @GoLLuM13 You have mentioned a few awesome bands. I have so many to mention myself but it would be one long post. 😂
    Level 52
    Indeed, so many, and sometimes there are bands that you only like for few tracks, but they are really good tracks, BTW, I instantly recognized the font from Iron Maiden in your signature 😁
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Level 31
    @DoctorEldritch Holy Macaroni Doc! Thank you so so much for sharing this! Soundtrack is awesome, a shooter with Mteal music as backgroung is one of the most brilliant ideas. Gave some of the soundtrack a listen. Pretty danm good selection of songs!

- - - Updated - - -
    @DracoTarot Omg your parents have both great taste, perfect mixture beetwen classic metal and classic Goth. Yes Yes Yes, all very good bands, and this is gonna sound freaky but I am also currently listening to Septicflesh. Cradle of Filth and Type O Negative are so good! I jumped from my seat when you talked about Fear of the Drak by Iron Maiden, I am super scared of darkness (ironic for a goth i know😅), because exactly as the song describes I always feel things that are not there, and I am sooo paranoid someone is lurking in the dark. Is actually my favourite song from them (and also Dance of the Dead). Really good taste!

- - - Updated - - -
    @GoLLuM13 Very goos mentions! I see I am not the only one dragged into metal because of Germany, nice😎. Uff Gran Turismo is a very fun game. My husband is a big fan of System of a Down, and if you like trash metal, Limp Biskit has a couple good songs. And of course Rammstein is here, they are awesome, it was actually one of the best concerts I have ever been (so them in Prague last year).
    Level 52
    @galadrielmt Yea my parents do have great taste in music. I just love Septicflesh and their drummer Krimh is so good. The fact that they use a whole orchestra when performing makes it more special.

I find peace in darkness. I'm more scared of things lurking in the light these days than in the dark. May seem weird to same to say this but I have more clear thoughts and seem to be more productive. 😁

You also have good taste and glad I could share my music taste with you.

Here's a vid you may like. It's from a band called the Awakening! Ashton Nythe is the vocalist and he is also an exceptional artist. We were good friends when he lived in South Africa. He resides in the US now.

He did a cover of Sounds of Silence. One of his masterpieces! 😊

- - - Updated - - -
    @GoLLuM13 😂 yea I used the same Iron Maiden font for my signature. Good observation from your side! 😁
    Level 31
    @DracoTarot What a voice he has wow😳, great cover! Yes, totally agree with you, right now the world is a scary place, and people who look good and harmless are very evil (not in all cases, but a good few). I find a lot of comfort in the dark aesthethic and music (I played too many horror games far too young and that is why im scared of darkness in the literal sense, also am a bit claustrophobic). Also ppl is so affraid of skulls and that stuff (that is just an example), because it represents Death. But the only certainty of this life is that we are all gonna die, so it makes no sense to reject and make the idea a Tabu. It doesnt mean I wanna die, but is better to embrace it as to fear it, cus it will happen either way. And accepting this we can life a better life, to the fullest.

Ok I got way to deep now, 😬 sorry.
    Level 52
    @galadrielmt @DoctorEldritch @GoLLuM13

Here's the coffin cabinet I made for my vape gear when I was a little bored.

I used an Iron Maiden theme!

Name:  IMG_20220701_172411_676.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  97.9 KB