Get over here! A new Mortal Kombat movie is on the way 🎬

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    Hello gamers!

The trailer for the new Mortal Kombat movie came out recently and is set to be released on April 16th in the United States.

Name:  mortal-kombat-movie-poster.png
Views: 612
Size:  457.1 KB

Here is the storyline, written by Warner Bros, if you haven't read it yet:

MMA fighter Cole Young (Lewis Tan), accustomed to taking a beating for money, is unaware of his heritage-or why Outworld's Emperor Shang Tsung (Chin Han) has sent his best warrior, Sub-Zero (Joe Taslim), an otherworldly Cryomancer, to hunt Cole down. Fearing for his family's safety, Cole goes in search of Sonya Blade (Jessica McNamee) at the direction of Jax (Mehcad Brooks), a Special Forces Major who bears the same strange dragon marking Cole was born with. Soon, he finds himself at the temple of Lord Raiden (Tadanobu Asano), an Elder God and the protector of Earthrealm, who grants sanctuary to those who bear the mark. Here, Cole trains with experienced warriors Liu Kang (Ludi Lin), Kung Lao (Max Huang) and rogue mercenary Kano (Josh Lawson), as he prepares to stand with Earth's greatest champions against the enemies of Outworld in a high stakes battle for the universe. But will Cole be pushed hard enough to unlock his arcana-the immense power from within his soul-in time to save not...

<iframe src="https://gifer.com/embed/2P91" width=480 height=304.361 frameBorder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://gifer.com"></a></p>

I know, I know, the first movie was not very good (although it has a couple of memorable scenes) and that the second one was an absolute disaster, but I have several reasons to give this reboot a chance:

• The fight scenes look very, very cool. Especially the Sub-Zero ones, watch the trailer and you'll see what I mean 😎.
    • The screenwriter, Greg Russo, explained that he's been a huge fan of the saga all his life, so we know he cares about the project and knows the characters by heart.
    • Speaking of characters, many from the original film return - Scorpion, Sub-zero, Sonya Blade, Jax and many more. Liu Kang is absent, but we'll be introduced to a new character: Cole Young.
    • Greg also commented on his Twitter account, that for the first time, we will see fatalities on the big screen! 🔥 There's going to be so. much. blood.
    • We are going to find out the origin of several of the characters and director Simon McQuoid claims that the story is going to be much more human and complex, which would come in handy because the script and dialogues were the biggest flaws of the two previous installments.

Here is the trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NYH2sLid0Zc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What do you think, will you go to see it? Who is your favourite character?
    My farewell mesage 🌟: in English - in Arabic
    Your new MEA Community Manager is @UnapologeticDino!
  • 3 Replies

Level 52
    Can't wait for the release. I still play MK all the time.
    Level 2
    Trailer looks great, really excited for the Fatality!!! scenes, especially with Sub-zero
    Level 3
    Can’t wait to see which one will come first, lenovo legion phone duel or MK movie 😅