Lenovo Legion 5-15IMH05H Low Preformance

views
    Level 2
    I've had this computer for over a year now, last night after I VERY,VERY carefully opened it up to clean the fans, its performance has now dropped DRASTICALLY. I'm getting 20 frames on almost every game I try to play and everything is loading slowly. I've tried a number of solutions for the past almost 5 hours now but nothing has even improved at this point and I desperately need help to find a solution. I can't be bothered to explain what I've tried but I have tried a lot of the answers I could find just googling.
  • 1 Reply

Level 32
    I understand how frustrating it can be when your computer's performance drops drastically after you've cleaned it. Here are a few more solutions that you could try:

1-Check for thermal paste: When you were cleaning your laptop, did you remove the heatsink from the CPU and GPU? If so, did you replace the thermal paste? The thermal paste can dry up over time and affect the cooling performance of your laptop.

2-Check your temperatures: When you opened up your computer to clean the fans, did you accidentally disconnect anything or damage any of the components? Make sure everything is still connected properly and check your temperatures to make sure your laptop isn't overheating.

If these solutions didn't solve the problem, you can try one or two things related to the operating system.

:

1. Check your power settings: Sometimes your computer's power settings can affect its performance. Make sure your power settings are set to High Performance.
    2. Check for driver updates: Outdated drivers can also affect your computer's performance. Check to see if there are any updates available for your graphics card or other drivers.
    3. Check for malware: Malware can cause your computer to slow down. Run a virus scan to make sure your computer is free of any malware.

4. Check your task manager: Open your task manager and see if there are any processes that are using a lot of CPU or memory. If there are, try ending those processes and see if that improves your performance.
    5. Reset your BIOS settings: Sometimes resetting your BIOS settings can help improve your computer's performance. You can do this by entering your BIOS settings and selecting the "Load Optimized Defaults" option.
    6. Reinstall your operating system: If all else fails, you could try reinstalling your operating system. This will erase all of your data, so make sure you back up any important files before doing this.

I hope you'll be able to fix your problem soon, and please let me know if any of the solutions helped or not

You're never wrong to do the right thing