What do you think of Google Stadia?

Replies
    views
    Head of Community
    Hi there!

As we have so many community members interested in Google Stadia, I'd love to hear more from you on what you think of it! Do you use (or have used in the past) Google Stadia or Stadia Pro? 😊

• What do you like about Stadia?
    • What device(s) do you use?
    • What do you think of the performance?
    • Which games have you tried?
    • Anything you wish for Stadia to do differently or more?
    • Any other thoughts? 😊

Those are just some of the things I'd love to hear about from you!

Pop a reply below to let me know your thoughts about Stadia! 👇
    Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 14-01-22 at 13:36.
  • 5 Replies

Level 1
    • What do you like about Stadia?
      • I like that I can use almost any device to play games and my saved games are always available on any device. I can even play with my work laptop, because I don't have to install anything. I also really like that I can easily share games to all six family members in my Google family group.

• What device(s) do you use?
      • Usually I play using TV and Chromecast ultra. If I can't use the TV then I play with my work laptop.

• What do you think of the performance?
      • Game performance is good. Network quality has big effect on the image quality. With my home router the quality is usually good, but if there's a lot of other traffic then the image quality might drop sometimes.

• Which games have you tried?
      • I got the code for 3 months of Stadia Pro. I have been playing Mafia 3 and PUBG. Trine 4 was fun co-op game. I also tried many other games, but there's too little time to really play them all.

• Anything you wish for Stadia to do differently or more?
      • I wish Stadia tried to get more popular games. My kids would like to play Fortnite and Minecraft.
    Head of Community
    @Kenraali Hi thanks for your comments! Interesting to hear about how you like Stadia. I also actually use it mostly on TV/Chromecast Ultra at the moment. I'm a PC gamer mainly but I do miss gaming on the bigger screen so this fills that gap nicely (I don't have consoles at the moment). 👍

Great to hear you found the 3-months code useful. True, 3 months you can try out a lot but would need more time to properly get into the games you actually want to stick with. Are you thinking of continuing with Stadia beyond the 3-months trial? Or you're waiting for those games you mentioned? 😊

Minecraft is actually my current favourite (I have Xbox Game Pass - it's available there). Do you play too or is it just the kids? 😎
    Level 2
    Haven't tried it but considering @Kenraali's feedback, maybe it should be in the running rather than a new rig.
    Level 1
    It's nice to be able to use Stadia in low configuration. I am using a desktop. I tried Wreckfest and Hitman. I think the performance is good. I would love to play games on my computer.

Thank you...

- - - Updated - - -

I want to play Far Cry 5 too pls, thanks again...
    Level 3
    Stadia fits perfect to my current situation….a former gamer, now a father of two kids.

Without a pc/console, i wanted to revive my gamer past, without spending alot of €. Stadia is just perfect, you can play any game (available) without spending big € for a performant pc. I love to play quick game sessions on the tv and we saved the space for a tower pc/console too 😬

Due to a 💩 wifi connection, i switched too lan and now its perfect.

i am still waiting for a Stadia pro code from lenovo (nearly 1 month) to test other games, but i enjoyed hitman alot so far.

- - - Updated - - -

I think cloud gaming is/should be the future